Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Crazy Fred's New Custom Turner

We are pleased to announce that fellow Dieselbikes member Crazy Fred is ready to rip this season with his new custom Turner 6 Pack. Nine months in the making and a precision build by JRA Cycles makes this bike possibly the sweetest freeride rig in New England.

Dieselbikes is showcasing this bike because the build has involved JRA Cycles and S&D Powder Coating too whom each have added their own unique touch; making this bike one of a kind. To further enhance the build, this bike will be the instrument to conduct our product testing of Spinergy's Fall Line FR Wheel Sets which they have so gladly provided for this build...read the full story and see more pictures using the link below

http://www.dieselbikes.com/reports/special_reports.htm

For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselbikes
    We are pleased to announce that fellow Dieselbikes member Crazy Fred is ready to rip this season with his new custom Turner 6 Pack. Nine months in the making and a precision build by JRA Cycles makes this bike possibly the sweetest freeride rig in New England.

http://www.dieselbikes.com/reports/special_reports.htm

Besides the painted spring and cranks I don't see anything special in the build that makes this bike qualify for the highlighted statements. You can save the "extreme marketing" for those less familiar to Turner bikes. It is a nice frame but can you explain??
    Last edited by SSINGA; 05-30-2006 at 02:27 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

Not dead yet, just playin
    From the linked "article":

"This Turner is one of the last Hoist link models to roll off the production line"

If you're go to the trouble of kicking the horse one last time, at least spell Horst correctly..

Evidently, the key ingredient to gnar-ness is a white powercoated spring...who knew?

op
    www.msmtb.org - Mississippi Mountain Biking

Outcast
    Nine months in the making? What the heck took so long?
    If you look in the pack data base in this forum, you'll see lots of nice pack/RFX builds, some nicer than what you're showing us. C'mon, you even have stock suspension components, no hot rod stuff. We've got packs here with Avy's, CCDB's, pushed DHX's, custom rockers, etc. You got a white paint scheme. Wow, I'm impressed .

Oh, and does crazy Fred usually do his hucking without a helmet?

mtbr member
    He has a dubious choice in helmets when he does wear one, he may be a nice chap he rides a Turner after all

The shop is doing the horn blowing.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof
    He has a dubious choice in helmets when he does wear one, he may be a nice chap he rides a Turner after all

The shop is doing the horn blowing.
    Agreed; if I was Fred, I'd be embarrassed by the write up the shop created. Check out this line; " We at Dieselbikes want to thank Adam Klein at JRA Cycles for taking the time to assembly this bike in a manner that shows quality and workmanship. From the smallest detail to selecting the correct front fork spring...."
    Wow, selecting the correct fork spring. I better get in contact with Adam to get that done right. Jeez.
    Just what kind of headgear is Fred wearing here?:

not so super...
    Hoist link? Is that a variation of the horse link?
    Nothing to see here.

lurker no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Agreed; if I was Fred, I'd be embarrassed by the write up the shop created. Check out this line; " We at Dieselbikes want to thank Adam Klein at JRA Cycles for taking the time to assembly this bike in a manner that shows quality and workmanship. From the smallest detail to selecting the correct front fork spring...."
    Wow, selecting the correct fork spring. I better get in contact with Adam to get that done right. Jeez.
    Just what kind of headgear is Fred wearing here?:

I'll second that agreement about the shop blowing its horn a little too loud for something that doesn't seem out of this world. Of course, it is marketing. I think the only thing different there aside from the paint job are the rims from Spinergy. Who knows...maybe they'll be the bomb, but in the meantime perhaps the homers need to descend over there with their custom steeds and show them how its done.

As to the helmet...the shape reminds me of what Sean Connery wore in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade except I think its got a chin strap or is that his beard? Personally, the way crazy Fred rolls w/o a helmet is scary-- I've seen enough head injuries.

Toby Wong?
    [SIZE="4"]CENTRAL PARK, NYC FREERIDERZ ROOLL!!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]GRRRR.....CHECK THE WICKED INK AND KANGOL HAT, BEEEYOTCHEZZZZ!!![/SIZE]

lurker no more
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    I thought the Hoist link was the New Jersey version.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    The hoist link is a location on the bike that the rescue team attaches a winch to when you've really wrecked bad.

Now here's a couple beautiful white packs. Skullcracks:

And Gogge's all avy pack;

Roy
    mtbr member
    A custom paintjob does not equal a custom frame.

mtbr member

Oops sorry Rene

Wrong thread !!

Outcast
    Ahhhhhh, I'm blind!
    That's not crazy Fred, that's the Albino Latino! The famous Mexican wrestler.

mtbr member
    He should stop hiding his black dress socks in his pant's

mtbr member
    Well, if he didn't roll without a helment, he would'nt be CRAZY Fred, now would he?

The shop probably just doubled the amount of hits they normally get, so who can blame them. But this kind of marketing isn't always a good move for a company. Whatever. Without this thread I would have had no knowledge of Crazy Fred - now I don't know him, but I know OF him, which is enough for me.

mtbr member

I don't get it...

What the hell?!? Cut the guy some slack. He hops on and posts some excellent pics of a most excellent Turner, and because the verbiage of the build doesn't suit your protocol you gotta shot him down?!? WTF? I think we're becoming a little too jaded here on the Turner boards. This is the type of thread that used to provide the stoke and passion around here and now all anybody has got to spew is pessimism. What gives? Anyway, it's Gonzo's responsibility to rip on color coordinated bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That's not crazy Fred, that's the Albino Latino! The famous Mexican wrestler.
    Soon to make his debut in Nacho Libre!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Tis all in jest, Shops are fair game if they are posting Spam, the rider "Crazy Fred" (my Father is called Fred btw) not that it has any relevance, is probably oblivious.

~~~~~~~~
    ready to hit the delete button...

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    What the hell?!? Cut the guy some slack. He hops on and posts some excellent pics of a most excellent Turner, and because the verbiage of the build doesn't suit your protocol you gotta shot him down?!? WTF? I think we're becoming a little too jaded here on the Turner boards. This is the type of thread that used to provide the stoke and passion around here and now all anybody has got to spew is pessimism. What gives? Anyway, it's Gonzo's responsibility to rip on color coordinated bikes.
    I was very polite in my post. I can't help it if the rest of these slackers are rude as he!!.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    OMG, sounds like Dieselbikes walked into the Turner gunfight carrying a nife, nyf, err gnife, ah knive, no .... knife.
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Soon to make his debut in
    There's actually a Mexican wrestler that is a Father (priest) and who runs an Orphanage.

Forgot his alias...

I prefer WWF... it's pathetic, but there are some hot chicks bouncing around.

I was a big fan of Lucha Mexicana when I was a kid...

As for the bike originally posted; yeah, it's very cool. Looks really nice and being it a Turner, it's a great ride... But I was expecting something really custom made (shock, rockers, anodizing, etc.). Kind of bummed after seeing it was just another (yet cool) Turner.
    Check my Site

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by DLine
    Well, if he didn't roll without a helment, he would'nt be CRAZY Fred, now would he?
    I think the only way Fred could become any crazier would be to get another tribal armband tattoo. Probably the most traffic dieselbikes has seen before.

Nice bike and solid build (not so sure about the spinergy wheels, but whateva), but I have to admit that I was expecting something with more bling. Looks like crazy Fred will be taking the 6 pack off of some nice stuff so good for him.

EBX

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof
    He should stop hiding his black dress socks in his pant's

WOW!!!! That comment shows that you are WAY too observant!!!!!!! Although, it was quite funny and fitting.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast