Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

crack or what???

washing bike today and found what looks like a crack or could it just be the paint?
    what do you guys think?
    do you contact turner direct for warranty?

the pics are of the seat tube gusset the upper weld to the seat tube on my 2005 six pack less than a year old
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Crack

It appears deeper than the paint to me.
    The good news is that Turner's warranty is the best I've ever heard of. My Flux cracked and they sent a new front triangle within two days.

They are great people to work with, which is why I will always buy Turner.

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Looks like a crack to me. I would suggest that you not ride the bike and email the pix to Turner.

Going for a ride......
    Even if you thought it was just the paint, I would contact Turner anyway

Amphibious Technologies
    how much seatpost insertion do you have? Is it less than 4"?
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    how much seatpost insertion do you have? Is it less than 4"?
    yes i just measured it, the post has 7 1/4 inches inserted in to the frame and only 7 inchs out. almost 50/50

Now with flavor!!
    That is most definitely a crack.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandango
    yes i just measured it, the post has 7 1/4 inches inserted in to the frame and only 7 inchs out. almost 50/50
    As suggested above, you may email the pics to Turner and go from there. I think Greg is the warranty person over there.
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 03-17-2006 at 07:17 PM.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Yep, talk to Greg.
    This is a sick feeling to have on a Friday. They'll take care of you though.
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

Too Much Fun

Retire that frame!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandango
    washing bike today and found what looks like a crack or could it just be the paint?
    what do you guys think?
    Its certainly a crack. When frames go they will often fail right along a weld just like you are seeing there. Ride on that much longer and you will end up with your tush on the rear wheel. Warranty that thing.
    - -benja- -

No, that's not phonetic
    Start picking which color ano you want.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

banned
    Easy to deal with, provided you're nice to them,and the original owner. If not, you can get a front triangle for a reasonable price.

It's a Turner!
    Nice job, bro! What I mean is, your situation is pretty rare, so that puts you in a special league. I know it's a bummer to find a crack, believe me, but Turner's got the best cs in the biz, so don't worry too much.
    I didn't just drink the koolaid, I stuck my head in the punchbowl.

3 "fiddy" for short
    That is the nicest crack I ever done saw! Except for ...............

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Yep

That is a crack. Greg will be in on Monday. 951 677 1711 Or Jarett or me we get right on it. How bout a shot of the whole bike side view. What model, what year?

DT

TC3
    mtbr member
    wow~ what kind of CS is that?
    DT himself responded to this thread on Friday night.
    No wonder we have so many loyal homers around

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by TC3
    wow~ what kind of CS is that?
    DT himself responded to this thread on Friday night.
    No wonder we have so many loyal homers around
    That is some sweet customer service fore sure. I ranted and raved for a week or more about a problem on the Intense board. With absolutely NO response from Intense. Looks like I may end up a Turner homer, eventually. Nice job D.T.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 03-17-2006 at 09:25 PM.

TC3
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    That is some sweet customer service fore sure. I ranted and raved for a week or more about a problem on the Intense board. With absolutely NO response from Intense. Looks like I may end up a Turner homer, eventually. Nice job D.T.
    ??? Did you try calling them?
    No offense, but I don't think they have a full time employee monitoring MTBR.
    I had a cracked frame (not Intense's fault) and they swapped a new one for me right away.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    That is a crack. Greg will be in on Monday. 951 677 1711 Or Jarett or me we get right on it. How bout a shot of the whole bike side view. What model, what year?

DT
    I sent over some emails with the same pics shown above and info to you already, the frame is a med. 2005 six pack, dave i love this bike and will continue to ride six packs/rfx for as long as you keep building them!! thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    With all due respect, these boards are mostly unofficial, with the manufacturers members just like you and I and they participate as much as they want or can. The best route to go is manufacturer direct for instructions, instead of posting pictures on the internet first. I've noted that Jeff doesn't post or lurk much on the Intense board, but that doesn't mean his company isn't any good at responding to customers, as I've seen the opposite with several of my friends. Good experiences and they went Intense direct for instructions and were sent to the LBS.

This is in no way minimizing DT's contribution on the board as I would never have expected a response on a Friday evening. Warranty issues are painless, provided you have all the verification info on hand. Great bunch of guys to deal with.

fried stuff with cheese
    See it's service like this that makes me have a warm fuzzy feeling about choosing a Turner. The only negative I see is that I can't afford another one. If I could get back half of what I've dumped into my ASX I would be on an RFX by now.
    Egg

Toby Wong?
    turnerbikes rules!
    lets not make it a religion, it is recreation

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    With all due respect, these boards are mostly unofficial, with the manufacturers members just like you and I and they participate as much as they want or can. The best route to go is manufacturer direct for instructions, instead of posting pictures on the internet first. I've noted that Jeff doesn't post or lurk much on the Intense board, but that doesn't mean his company isn't any good at responding to customers, as I've seen the opposite with several of my friends. Good experiences and they went Intense direct for instructions and were sent to the LBS.

This is in no way minimizing DT's contribution on the board as I would never have expected a response on a Friday evening. Warranty issues are painless, provided you have all the verification info on hand. Great bunch of guys to deal with.
    I hear ya! I know one shouldn't expect the head of each manufacturer to be monitoring thier respected company's board, on a daily basis. As apparently they have no said connection to these boards. But it would be nice if they checked it at least once a week. The problem that I was reffering to was not mine but rather a fellow rider who had posted. So I was at the least trying to get him to call Intense and deal with it. I have nothing bad to say about Intense, as I have never personaly had to deal with them [knock on wood]. But just the fact that D.T. had such a quick response to this, may sure as well make me lean towards his product the next time around.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    its most definatly a crack

mtbr member
    See if the rearend will go on the 06 front. Keep the horst link if you can. I know its not much of a difference but since you have it, try and keep it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast