Anytime. Anywhere.

Converted TALAS to Float

Wow! I had an 09 TALAS 36 that needed new bushings so I decided to have it converted to a Float at the same time. I feels like a brand new PLUSH fork. I was amazed on last night's ride how much better it is. Seems to absorb everything compared to the TALAS. Going to adjust the compression a bit today. I used to leave it pretty open to compensate for the stickiness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Converted TALAS to Float-image.jpg  

Last edited by Travis Bickle; 09-19-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    It's astounding how long Fox has been playing the "This year we've got it dialed" marketing game with the Talas. And now we're hearing it again for the 14 forks. We'll see, I guess. In the meantime, enjoy the Float!

Disclaimer: In general, I find Fox stuff fantastic, but the Talas has been a bit of an embarrassment to them for quite awhile (kind of like Shimano and Mavic freehubs).
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Just A Mountain Biker.

Converted TALAS to Float

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Wow! I had an 09 TALAS 36 that needed new bushings so I decided to have it converted to a Float at the same time. I feels like a brand new PLUSH fork. I was amazed on last night's ride how much better it is. Seems to absorb everything compared to the TALAS. Going to adjust the compression a bit today. I used to leave it pretty open to compensate for the stickiness.
    Did you have that done at Push? I have the same fork and was considering the same conversion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

Anytime. Anywhere.
    No, I live in BC so I had it done by the local Fox service centre. I was more patient I would have sent it to Push. Just came back from a big ride and the fork feels great.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    if all your doing is converting it from Talas to Float, do it yourself. couldn't be an easier job. i've been in on a few conversions & everybody was way happier w/ a Float.
    breezy shade