BigBikeBoard

Commonwealth games - Kabush?

What happened to the Turner rider at the Aussie games then, that Nitrous sure looked good on TV in the Maxxis orange, as a Nitrous owner I was hoping to see him at the front a bit more.

Guess the Brits were just too fast for him, 1st and 2nd, the boys done good.
    It's not Just a 29er it's a burley cross bike on steroids BurlyCross

Full Monty Bike Bore
    Nov 2004
    Kabush came 11th and I too was surprised that he wasn't further up the field.

Liam and Oli were defo pumped up for the medals tho. Bravo to all.
    [SIZE="1"]Knobblies MTBing Blog

"Always carry a flagon of whisky in case of a snakebite, furthermore, always carry a snake" W.C.Fields[/SIZE]

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    He must of had a mechanical or a crash... he should have been in the top 5 me thinks, but instead he was 9mins off the pace of his fellow team mate (seamus).

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Kabush had been saying all week that he wasn't feeling too hot. I think he just hasn't had a great week, nothing wrong with that,

With that said however, I was hoping he would medal at least. Oh well, he is still a cool guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Great Race

Hi,

I was one of the 12,000 or so people lucky enough to get tickets to the race (and I rode my flux there!). It was awesome day, Geoff did well but couldn't match the pace of Chris Jongewaard (Australia) in the first 6 laps and then later the pack lead by Liam Killeen (England). The track at Lysterfield isn't very technical which allowed the faster riders to set an impressive pace, but didn't let the more skilled riders shine. I took heaps of pictures but the one of Geoff came out poorly, but here you go anyway. Also checkout the leaders in the last lap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BigBikeBoard
    cool.
    watched the re-run off the race last night, and Oli was very unlucky, if he hadn't shipped his chain and had to work so hard to get back I reckon he would have been the gold man.

12,000 is a pretty good crowd, wish our British cycling Blazer wearing guys would wake up to the fact that MTB racing is worth investing in.
    It's not Just a 29er it's a burley cross bike on steroids BurlyCross

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, mountain biking is going through something of a resurgence in Australia. The Victorian government spent about $3 million on the track and an additional 20km of signed and marked trails in the park. We've finally being considered a valid outdoor activity, the huge turnout at the race only helped to generate more recognition.