Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

colorado ski trip in nov???

edit: make that december. doh!

hey homies!

candycorn is headed to denver dec 14 - 18 and im thinkin of flyin out with her to do some skiin if theres a place for it. im not super fast or real techy but i have my own stuff, can stay upright most of the time and hit a diamond on occasion. id have to stay on a cheap hill but im willin to spend a day or 2 on it. anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

involuntary dismounter
    my my...aren't we a little snowbunny!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

doin my best to look the part. gawd knows i cant ski fer shyt.
    No, I'm NOT back!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Dude, is that a f*g bag your wearing, you look like a Texan

You know I'm in, no pass for me this year so I'm up for a cheap hill, maybe Squeaker can fix us up at Vail though. Are you staying in Denver with Candy?

wtf is a fahg bag or do i wanna know?

yeah, shes got a old pal there so i can stay there unless we do 2 days on the hill. wont have a car so ill need a lift outta denver. the girls may join us and hang in the lodge too.im down with whatever as long as its low budget.
    No, I'm NOT back!

never mind
    No, I'm NOT back!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    wtf is a fahg bag or do i wanna know?
    Insulated jump suit outfit from the 80's, more prevelant in Vail due to all the rich Texans that ski there and still think they are in style

mtbr member
    At least it's not a Starter jacket.

oh gawd no! obermeyer coat and core bibs. got a pair of spyder bibs for warmer days too. im all style baby! gotta be with my low skill set but yer used to that by now.
    No, I'm NOT back!

aspen anyone?

i got hooked up with a room. is aspen worth the lift prices and is anyone interested in goin there?
    No, I'm NOT back!

rr
    I don't do PC
    As in free? Aspen is expensive and far, never skied there so I can't comment on the mtn but I'm sure it's good. I'm thinking Loveland/ WP/ Copper, something closer to the FR, A- basin is good but it's got steeper terrain. The Summit county resorts(Breck/Keystone) will be getting crowded for sure with the Xmas season coming, we should do a weekday also.

as in a very nice cat offered the corns a place to stay in aspen. might be a once in a lifetime chance for us so im seein if theres more interest in skiin the area. i know, totaly selfish of me but friggin waaaaaa i say.

yer right rr, those would be far easyer to get to for most everyone and cheaper too. as i said in the beginnin, im down for anything that is if i can pull this trip off. weekdays might be tough but i might slide in a fri/sat thing if candycorn's ok with it. i agree that off weekend skiin is far more fun, but mid week rules.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Toby Wong?
    [QUOTE=rroeder]Dude, is that a f*g bag your wearing, you look like a Texan
    QUOTE]

not a *** bag....it's a fart bag. The one piece that gives you back what you put into it. Hah.

I hope those are your wife's skis. Or you're standing on a hill.

5'9", 165lbs w/ 165's. standard issue sticks for a guy my size. you gonna join us or just sit there and gimme shyt? hehe.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Toby Wong?
    i'd join ya but i'm only 20 minutes from a mountian....plus, i hate waiting for people at the bottom

OH SNAP, CC!

oh quit yer waaaaaaaaaaa, hit the lodge, have a beer and chill. ill be down eventually.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Team Blindspot
    5'9", 165lbs w/ 165's. standard issue sticks for a guy my size. you gonna join us or just sit there and gimme shyt? hehe.
    I missed this whole Shaped ski thing. I still ride my 205cm Atomic Arc's Slalom boards I used to race with in college.

Short Ski's Suck, Long ski's Truck.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    If it's going to be Aspen, don't miss Highlands!

And Tap, lighten up. You don't live 20 minutes from a mountain, you live 20 minutes from Mt. Flatchelor! Or is that Mt. Traverse?

Flame suit on!

At least Tap can ski. Due to a highway washout, we can't even get to our little hometown hill of Mt. Hood Meadows!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Toby Wong?
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    If it's going to be Aspen, don't miss Highlands!

And Tap, lighten up. You don't live 20 minutes from a mountain, you live 20 minutes from Mt. Flatchelor! Or is that Mt. Traverse?

Flame suit on!

At least Tap can ski. Due to a highway washout, we can't even get to our little hometown hill of Mt. Hood Meadows!

ok, Kosmo. U da man. Just remember, I'll be riding Ye Ol' Flatchelor at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning while you're protesting another walmart and poundin' yer pud in the Gorge, wishing the ODOT could remove car sized boulders from Hwy 35. DOH!

c'mon down and visit, bro. we'll schralp it up.

banned, again
    Cowboy up, Brokeback.

I'm about the same height, 10 lbs lighter, on 170 Head SuperShapes. Why are you on those midget sticks?

I'd bet that the jacket has something to do with it. Looks pretty much like a Snow Homer jacket.

The Salomon skis already scream Snow Homer. You know, racerboy image, intermediate skill compatibility.

And the fact that you are skiing in Colorado, home of the transplanted pseudo-outdoorsy "I'll have a triple nonfat latte with my dozen Krispy Kremes please" while talking on the cell phone and thumbing through the latest issue of Architectural Digest at the local doughnut hotspot somewhere between the airport and one of the overcrowded Colorado Front Range ski areas.

banned, again
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    I missed this whole Shaped ski thing. I still ride my 205cm Atomic Arc's Slalom boards I used to race with in college.

Short Ski's Suck, Long ski's Truck.
    Yes, I understand. Long skis have no shape at all. They have absolutely no side cut.

Those leather boots and Cubco bindings are Aces, aren't they?

gregg! the chan is makin fun of me. i think he may have just gone and hurt my little feelings this time. tell the mean bully to stop! or make me a mod so i can kick his fockin ass right the hell outta dodge. now back to my regularly scheduled whineing.
    No, I'm NOT back!

... I guess you won't be
    nice fart-sack!

skiing is like, soo, 2005! gawhawd!

I just booked my plane tickets to take me to SLC in mid/late Febuary for a little Little Cottonwood Canyon action at Brighton + Solitude, two of my favorite places!.....just picked me up a Burton Malolo board for the fluffies....can't wait to try a fat'er board [at least it's fat for us mid-west flatlanders...]
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

This place needs an enema
    edit: make that december. doh!

hey homies!

candycorn is headed to denver dec 14 - 18 and im thinkin of flyin out with her to do some skiin if theres a place for it. im not super fast or real techy but i have my own stuff, can stay upright most of the time and hit a diamond on occasion. id have to stay on a cheap hill but im willin to spend a day or 2 on it. anyone?
    Tom, you ought to check out a skibike while you're in D-town or nearby.

Easier to learn than snowboarding, but (IMO) way, way more fun to do. You can ride all day and you never get beat down tired. Rip it up with your buds (or people that are stronger/faster/more skilled on skis than you) but never get tired legs. Enjoy the liftlines that everyone else is b!tching about--because you can have a seat while they stand and whine. Well, maybe you won't actually enjoy the lines, but you can enjoy your friends' misery...

I was a bit skeptical until I tried one. Now I save the boards for powder days--if there's less than 10" of fresh I take the ski bike instead. Easiest, most intuitive carving sensation I've ever felt (and I've been skiing/boarding/tele'ing for 23 years), plus it's fun to rip through bumps and chunder and just let the suspension do the work.

Best part? If you dig it (and you will) you can get a kit to convert your favorite bike (RFX?) for the winter months.

Cheers,

MC

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chan
    Yes, I understand. Long skis have no shape at all. They have absolutely no side cut.

Those leather boots and Cubco bindings are Aces, aren't they?
    Thank you for displaying your complete lack of understanding on ski design.

And I rather like the leather boots
    Astigmatic Visionary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast