mtbr member

Which coil Roco for my RFX?

Oh yes, you wished you could resist the pull of a "which _____ for my ______" thread but now that you're here....

TST R or WC coil Roco for my '07 crutch err RFX? Pros or cons of either, price difference isn't big enough to be baseline decision factor for me. I'm a big fella 240ish geared up if that comes into play, currently on a RP23 HV that will be PUSHed once I get my grubby hands on a Roco. This will be my first coil shock on any bike.

Any while we're at it, which reducer kit do I need to fit this to the RFX? Universal Cycles seems to list most of the available 6 and 8mm sizes on their page http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...?category=2644 if that helps.

Much apperciated Homies.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

mtbr member
    Seeing as you have a RP23 for XC days I'd go with the WC for the ultimate plushness. However, if you are planning on using the coil shock as a All Mountain ride, then get the TST to improve the climbing on-the-fly.

We'll make sure you get the right reducer kit for your RFX at Go-ride.com and we offer 10% off Marzocchi shocks and forks, we just can't advertise that.
    Pivot Firebird
    Hightower 29
    Tallboy 3
    Pivot LES SS
    Salsa Beargrease C
    Giant TCX

No, that's not phonetic
    Reducer size info here.

There are a lot of TST Rocos on Turners out there, less WCs. I honestly don't hear complaints from either camp. I have a TST, and based on the stunning ride quality it offers I have no desire to change it to a WC. I do use the TST lever at times and like having it.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

FM
    mtbr member
    Owned both...
    The TST feature is great if you do a lot of climbing, you can effectively lock the shock out or firm it up as much as you like. Everything I wished Fox propedal did.

The WC has much better damping feel IMHO. Less linear, more speed sensitive, rebound felt better too. Still a great pedaling shock.

I think it depends on what kind of riding you do, if you climb a lot and not too many big drops get the TST. If this is your FR bike, get the WC for better DH/FR performance at the cost of climbing efficiency.

PS, you can use the stock Turner (fox) reducers on the roco, although the marzocchi ones are more durable

Members who have read this thread: 0