mtbr member

coil on a burner?

I'm thinking of getting a burner and swapping over my vanilla fork from my RFX and replacing the float in the rear with a coil. Do the homers think this is a good Idea? or do you think the DW link RFX will come out in the new wheel size?
    Too fat for XC, and not skilled enough for FR

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jet fixer View Post
    do you think the DW link RFX will come out in the new wheel size?
    Oh, definitely.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

~~~~~~~~
    I don't see a RFX class, i.e. freeride-miniDH, dedicated 27.5 fork anytime in the near future, so any new frames in that direction will be a while still. But apparently bigger wheels are redefining everything anyway.

The Burner is good to go for coil, and the frame is plenty strong. I got a Burner as a RFX placeholder and plan to try a RFX type of build. I'm wanting to keep the front end low so more interested in the lower a2c's of the 160 34mm forks and realizing that I am probably too short to enjoy a 27.5 wheel in a 180-203 fork but will never know until I try. Noticed there is one Burner posted up with a 36 on the front, hoping they post some follow up.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info it got me to do a little more research.
    I've got a 160 mm vanilla that I would swap over so I'm good there. Its just when I put a DHX on the RFX it improved the bike so much I'd do it again to a burner. I'm a little concerned about the 140 mm travel on the burner and the availability of 650b parts overseas (I just moved to Dubai) Its just that I've been wanting a DW link bike for awhile now. I think I'll just convert the RFX to a 650b before I pull the pin on a new frame.

From the 650 forum a RFX frame and all fox forks can handle the wheel size. just will not be able to run a 2.5 in the front. I'm ridding a 29er now and can see the advantages for the terrain I'm riding but the flex has me barely in control on loose descents. I just miss the coil sprung sweetness of my RFX I'm already planning on going back to the states to get my bike out of storage.
    Too fat for XC, and not skilled enough for FR

mtbr member
    May 2006
    swapping a hv-bv-rp23 for a ccdb coil on my 5spot was by far the best upgrade I have ever added to my large 2011