Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Classic Black and Gold Highline

Look what showed up yesterday.
    Unfortunatelly they forgot to install the front der so bike is not ready to go.
    Some pics

Lay off the Levers
    Nice wheel!
    Now hows about showing us the bike?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    That was the idea but since the front der is missing I'm waiting to build it up.
    But as soon as it's installed I'll take pics from all bike.
    Sorry.

Lay off the Levers
    Heh, and Rene calls ME a tease!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Sorry, Zilla.
    I promise I'll show more pics soon.
    I was very anxious for this bike, it took about two months. Now a few days more for der.

Lay off the Levers
    No wories brah. Nothing more exciting than a new bike especially after a long wait. T'heck with waiting a few days man. Ride it w/o a front der or get a super cheapo one from the LBS and get that puppy dirty!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Problem is my front set up is 32/22 so chain drop everytime.
    Buying another der wouldn't be problem if I were in US. Since I'm not it's cheaper waiting

Lay off the Levers
    Aaaaahh I understand. Happy waiting! At least you have something nice to look at.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks

I take you Black and Gold and up you a Black and White one!!!!

Sorry IT
    But you started a post with no money shot, demerits for you all around!!!! At least till you post the final shots of the new bike. Dont forget all the required shots - on furniture, garage shot, etc.

Where's Cactus to give hand out poopy-head status?

In the meantime I will completely hi-jack this thread for my own purposes. I happened to see a Highline that I was very taken by. Its from someone on NSMB, jumpy or something like that. Deal with it, I stole your pic to show others here, damn fine looking bike the guy has though. Happens to be the sweetest looking Highline I have seen yet. (Although I dont know about that seat...) Just thought I would share..

Here it is:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    the saddle's not doing it for me either! bit too aquaholic.....
    it's a very pimp ride and looks the biz. mine will be posted soon and is grey grey and a bit of black. my wife says it lokked like i built it. i take that as a compliment!
    the stealth look is good for me in a bike crime blackspot.
    good luck intenturner, mine rides like a dream.
    enjoy

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks, Nick. I'll sure have fun on this baby. I hope der shows here in a couple of days.
    CD, apologize me for pics but post more later.

IT
    Thats right you should be sorry...

It was all in jest man...you have to be prepared for that sort of thing if you will post here. Hang out a while and you will understand. No need to apologize, certainly not to me. Your thread was perfect opportunity for me to post a pic I had snagged somewhere else.

I guess I should have put some smileys in my post though...(tongue firmly in cheek)

So there you go smilies added to show sarcastic intent, more below well, just for the hell of it.
    YOU GO GIRL! She just rides so well. (Yes, also stolen I take no credit for her)
    Attached Images Attached Images

MK_
    carpe maņana
    CD, hope those spinergies will hold up for ya. That build looks light.

IT, please post some thoughts on the Diesels after you had some time on them. I've been eyeing those for a long time but noone's provided a good review. They look to be a good size.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    CD, hope those spinergies will hold up for ya. That build looks light.

IT, please post some thoughts on the Diesels after you had some time on them. I've been eyeing those for a long time but noone's provided a good review. They look to be a good size.

_MK

MK,
    I guess my sarcasm is not getting through. NOT my bike! Just stole the image and this thread gave me a reason to post it here in the Turner forum. I am just starting to have delusions that I 'need' a big bike and for some reason the Highline keeps looking better all the time.

Hence the post and threadjack

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    MK,
    I guess my sarcasm is not getting through. NOT my bike! Just stole the image and this thread gave me a reason to post it here in the Turner forum. I am just starting to have delusions that I 'need' a big bike and for some reason the Highline keeps looking better all the time.

Hence the post and threadjack
    Gotcha, my bad for not reading all of the text. Just skimmed it this morning before leaving for work, while drinking some tea, and I sure didn't get any sarcasm. My bad.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    MK,
    I've been using a Diesel for about 10 months and so far so good. I had only two pinches that didn't flat, one huge flower spine and a coke glass bottle. Both were fixed by patches and are still running w/o problems.
    I'm mostly riding urban so asphalt or concrete but even on sand or trails it hooked nicely. The only difference is that I change pressure, higher for urban.
    In resume: I recommend it. Five stars for me and my style of riding.
    If you want to some more tell me. By the way, it's on a 6Pack

Knomer
    Who's Highline is lighter? We should have a thread to see who has the lightest Highline! With full build spec and everything!
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenTurner
    MK,
    I've been using a Diesel for about 10 months and so far so good. I had only two pinches that didn't flat, one huge flower spine and a coke glass bottle. Both were fixed by patches and are still running w/o problems.
    I'm mostly riding urban so asphalt or concrete but even on sand or trails it hooked nicely. The only difference is that I change pressure, higher for urban.
    In resume: I recommend it. Five stars for me and my style of riding.
    If you want to some more tell me. By the way, it's on a 6Pack
    Yeah, thanks. I've got the old school RFX. I was running Fat Alberts but the time came for them to be replaced. Knobs started ripping off and I wore down the tread from the original 780g down to 640. I was thinking eithe Big Betty, Nobby Nic, High Roller, the Speciallized ripoff of that tread or the Diesel. I eventually narrowed it down by to Nobbys and the Diesel Protection, and since the info is so scarce on the Diesels I ended up getting the 2.4 Nics. I was also kinda helped in that decision by one of the local bike shops.

What is your terrain like? How do the perform in corners? Are they predictable? Do the drift well? What's the compound like?

I am riding Front Range, so it is mainly very hard soil with loose sand and rock over it. Lots of rock climbs, roots, etc. I was told the Nic does a great job of drifting in the loose while hooking up well to the hardpack below. The tread looks great. I just mounted them up last night and they are considerably larger than Fat Alberts (2.35). They look very promissing, but they look like the tread life isn't gonna be outstanding. That's why I would love to hear more about the Diesels. Thanks.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    MK,

I'm afraid I can't tell you places you would know, so I supose. I don't live in US.
    Size is probably a true 2.5. It's not like a Conti Vert 2.3 that's more like a 2.1
    Rubber compound I don't know for sure but it grips well on hardpack and is durable. Ten months till now and average two rides per week (around 50km) and I bet it can handle more than a year. Maybe 60?(compound)
    It's very confortable if you know what I mean. It's soft and absorbs tiny rocks very well.
    I don't ride when it rains so I can't comment about wet performance.
    Cornering it grips well on dry surface both urban and land. I like to rip down some singletracks and bikepark courses and I trust them. No slipping out of corners.
    Ah and it's UST if you might ask.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenTurner
    MK,

I'm afraid I can't tell you places you would know, so I supose. I don't live in US.
    Size is probably a true 2.5. It's not like a Conti Vert 2.3 that's more like a 2.1
    Rubber compound I don't know for sure but it grips well on hardpack and is durable. Ten months till now and average two rides per week (around 50km) and I bet it can handle more than a year. Maybe 60?(compound)
    It's very confortable if you know what I mean. It's soft and absorbs tiny rocks very well.
    I don't ride when it rains so I can't comment about wet performance.
    Cornering it grips well on dry surface both urban and land. I like to rip down some singletracks and bikepark courses and I trust them. No slipping out of corners.
    Ah and it's UST if you might ask.
    Cool, thanks. That's more info that I've been able to compose anywhere else.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    One more info, on my Pack Diesel is front and ContiVerti rear, both UST.
    For HL it would be Diesel front and Digga rear but they didn't have in stock, so I ended up with a Gravity 2.3 to not delay shipping.
    For what you've described I think it would be a good choice. I rode it on rock gardens a couple of times and was good, no sidewall punctures.
    And considering I have two patches inside and it's UST it's holding air fine. No air loss for a couple of weeks. With Stan's off course.
    Urban I use 30psi front and trails 25psi.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast