mtbr member
    May 2005

Cheaper long travel Turner or Gemini??

Hi,
    I have a Burner w/XR rockers, and love it...but, of course spent a boat load building it (my fault!). 4X4 travel is great for most of my riding, but w/ the new crop of 6 in. trail bikes I'm wanting a used cheap-o back up to thrash around on...any recommendations? C-dale Gemini, MBR gives it rave reviews, or Rocky Mount Slayer? Any older Turner frames I could build into a 5 in. or 6 in bike, w/ 2.2 tires? About 28-30 lb.s? A new Turner frame is out of question, blew my wad on the Burner.
    Thanks!

No, that's not phonetic
    I demoed a Gemini for a day in Moab a while back. The pedal feedback in the granny ring was AWFUL! I thought my knees were going to explode on hard efforts up shelfy climbs (I rode it for Gold Bar Rim including riding the whole shuttle- 40 miles ). Middle ring pedaling was fine and the bike handled decently, but it would be a single-ring shuttle bike only imo.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Team Sanchez
    Have a look at the Santa Cruz Hecklers. 5.6 inches of rear travel with a 6 inch fork makes for an awesome play bike. I abused mine for 18 months before I got a 6 pack. I still contend that it climbed better than my 6-pack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Outcast
    You want cheap? You want to thrash and beat it? There are DOZENS of used santa cruz bullits out there for sale, CHEEP!

mtbr member
    May 2005

Santa Cruz....

great suggestions! Thanks! Awesome pics on the Santa Cruz...I cant ride like that, but can always hurt myself tryin to!

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Gemini

I had so much fun with a gemini and considering t's weight was a great climber and great downhill. It made riding fun again for me.