Thread: chainring

mtbr member

chainring

im trying to replace my current middle chain ring from 32t to 36t. i have a shimano xt fc77. but i cant find a shimano brand middle 36t chainring. does anybody know if there are any other brands that would fit? thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erguy
    im trying to replace my current middle chain ring from 32t to 36t. i have a shimano xt fc77. but i cant find a shimano brand middle 36t chainring. does anybody know if there are any other brands that would fit? thanks
    Middleburn will probably fit and be an upgrade.

http://www.middleburn.co.uk/chainrings_mtb.php

mtbr member
    I use Race Face 34T chainrings on XT cranks..not sure ifg they do 36T. I got them via Jenson or Pricepoint I think.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Check univeral cycles. They sell the middle chainring that comes on the hybrid XT FC-M771 crank, which is a 36t aluminum. It is pretty reasonably priced, works great.

mtbr member
    I have a Race Face Race 36t middle ring on my 29 setup. Works great.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...4+Bolt+09.aspx

Bite Me.
    I have a brand new Shimano SLX 36t chainring 104 BCD that I pulled off my cranks - it has two road rides on it. I opted to go back to a 32t - if you're interested in it shoot me a PM - it's yours for a modest price plus mail.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    +1 for race face 36t. got it on my 2x9 setup with a 22t small ring and even with the big 14t jump it shifts up quite nicely.

Yes, that's fonetic
    I run 36 middle rings and the last time I replaced one I had a hell of a time finding one in stock anywhere. Better take Cutty's offer.

Live to Ride.Ride to Live
    I'd like to meet the guy who invented beer and see what he's working on now.