Bite Me.

Caution - Does Riding Make You Sick?

I have noticed that riding my Turner (and my other bikes too) is making me sick - after about 10 minutes, I start to sweat, I can feel my heart rate increasing, I have to breath heavily or I get dizzy, sometimes I fall and get cuts, scrapes and bruises. What's worse, since I've been riding after the winter season, I've lost about 8 pounds - I'm wasting away. Is this normal? I think I should quit before something bad happens. Do I have a claim?
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Large member
    I feel your pain, I often sit on the couch eating chips (which makes me feel sick) for hours thinking out going riding, but the thought of getting my fat ass up makes me feel sick, so I get stuck into the donuts, which (after around 11), make me feel sick. Manchester United also make me feel sick.

In conclusion, almost everything makes me sick. I don't know about riding, because I seem to have forgotten how. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Tidybeard; 07-01-2008 at 03:16 PM.

trail fairy

Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    sounds like dehydration. If you're not taking a leak at least every 3 hours and your pee is dark, you are. I was underhydrated till I was 35, till I was taught. Be a whizz kid!
    agmtb

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    I have noticed that riding my Turner (and my other bikes too) is making me sick - after about 10 minutes, I start to sweat, I can feel my heart rate increasing, I have to breath heavily or I get dizzy, sometimes I fall and get cuts, scrapes and bruises. What's worse, since I've been riding after the winter season, I've lost about 8 pounds - I'm wasting away. Is this normal? I think I should quit before something bad happens. Do I have a claim?
    Ooops! Just realized you are talking about riding a bike. for a moment I thought you were describing your sex life.

How to tell the difference: after sex, you want a smoke (or a nap) , after riding, you want a beer.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL
    after riding, you want a beer.
    After??? I thought I was hydrating by drinking beer during the ride. As for the sex life, you forget that I'm married with two kids.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Team Blindspot

I have the same symptoms after not riding for a week
    Astigmatic Visionary

TLL
    mtbr member
    After??? I thought I was hydrating by drinking beer during the ride. As for the sex life, you forget that I'm married with two kids.
    Beer? that is soo old skule. Round these parts, we drink Jager during the ride. Easier to fit in your pack.

PS: just finished up a ride on the RFX, and daym, does the beer taste good!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    ive got ya all beat! im sick and tired.
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    Well I beat even that CC

I just back form another pool session I nearly went out after 15 laps pn my back got dizzy barley walked out of the pool the heads been going shock crazy since, Im now cooped up in the sack with Maxxis and we both chilling some RnR

Broken and I got my own internal megameter on lopback with 5000 volts and Im freaking in pain shock, it took me too days to get over last week, shes gonna be a rough night, and just when I thought I was all good, though it does help if that makes sense after I got over the physical hangover Ive been quite good for the last few days so I look forward to that come Saturady, oh and Maxxis has just farted a meaty bone fart and its ripe

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    hang in there buddy.

when odus farts i tell him hes a good boy. he must love hearin it.
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    hang in there buddy.

when odus farts i tell him hes a good boy. he must love hearin it.
    Hes a great dog gotta say I love that name Odus classic

Hanging, I'll try that it was a goodie and even sent him off to sleep, woulda worked for me but Im on high band at the mo, my reciever is lit up

chur.. bro,

Get a beer too, sounds like ya deserve it

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    You might need an EW with its supersonic rear suspension that's super-duper efficient.

You might also feel the company's owner's finger in your ass if you buy one, however.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    You might need an EW with its supersonic rear suspension that's super-duper efficient.

You might also feel the company's owner's finger in your ass if you buy one, however.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    ive got ya all beat! im sick and tired.
    But are you at work?

Rumor has it that it's the saddle on every new EW that is responsible for that feeling . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Blindspot
    So I went riding this morning for the first time in a week, and my symptoms are getting worse!!!

WTF?? What do I need to do??
    Astigmatic Visionary

banned
    Does that seatpost have an ICT decal on it?

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    If only I had those problems. I'd love to have those symptoms, but right now I have this going on about three miles away from the house. Don't feel like cheesing up my lungs by inhaling smoke and ash, so I just stay lazy. Not good when I'm planning (tentatively) to do a 12 hour solo in about 6 weeks.

trail fairy
    this is all a bit depressing guys, sheesh Im lost for words!

Lest you guys can ride is all I can add is some Homer inspiration get out and ride train harder eat less donuts um donuts

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

TLL
    mtbr member
    Does that seatpost have an ICT decal on it?
    Oh, I'm sure it does. I think there is an FSR sticker as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Maxxis has just farted a meaty bone fart and its ripe
    Must be the time of year. Sunny is sitting here stewing in his own sh!t. He be enjoyin the BBQ's just a little bit too much.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Must be the time of year. Sunny is sitting here stewing in his own sh!t. He be enjoyin the BBQ's just a little bit too much.

Not barb weather here thank god, I''m keeping him on a pretty good diet, hes a food hound so gotta watch his habits, Sunny's a cool name

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs