mtbr member
    Sep 2005

can you see what it is yet?

images will follow with the help from tscheezy!
    full build:

highline med with 600lb spring on dhx shock
    shermans (with a bit of tuning so they work as well as zocchi's(post if you want to know how))
    hope hubes
    sun rims
    maxxis 2.7 minion front
    white tiger rear
    deore rear mech
    hone front mech
    deore shifters
    fsa headset
    truvativ bars, stem, seatpost,
    sdg saddle
    race face evolve chainset + bb (yes it works fine)
    hope seat collar
    big earl grips

i love this bike. it is (through financial constraints) my only off road bike and i'm so pleased with it. it climbs so much better than i ever dreamed possible and the attention to detail is brilliant except for the rear mech hanger. that and the faff to fit the front mech are the only gripes.
    it feel so right, tight and short and not that heavy. having gone from a 223dd to this is like riding a hardtail on a tarmac climb. it just feels like it was built for me.
    i'm loving the lack of stickers and although mark says he'd have had the black i like the natural look.
    just want to do a big ride on it now and get it some good loving and modify the mech hanger to take a hartlett.
    to dt and all at turner bikes, you make me so very happy.
    Last edited by nickhart; 05-14-2006 at 02:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    oops why aren't my pictures working?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    what am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by nickhart; 05-14-2006 at 01:43 PM.

No, that's not phonetic
    I use imageshack.us. It returns a url you can put inside the img tags. Go to imageshack.us, upload the pic, and when it returns a page full of urls, copy the last one (called "direct link to image"), and put it inside the img /img tags.

The clear tubing over the chainstay housing is cool. Nice setup!
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    thank you i'll try it in future. this forum is brilliant!

Hisforever
    nice nickhart, congratulations on such a sweet rig. whats the HA?

lets see some axion pics soon..
    Jesus Saves

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    not sure shaheeb, i'll measure it tonight and post back. probably tighter than the 66.5 quoted as i run a fair bit of sag on the shermans. plus i ate all the pies!

Outcast
    Wow, I think this photo shows the new standard that we all need rise to. No more pics of our bikes next to a pooftah red couch, or on some candle lit shrine. The bathroom shot: that is art!

Nice bike, by the way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    So are those champagne bottles in the back spokes an upgrade from the playing cards we used to clip on as kids? (Monday morning smarta$$--see photo 1).

Cool bike! I run the older 135 Sherman Firefly (converted to TPC+) on my Spot, and would be curious what mods you've done to yours.

Now dump work for the day, and go find some big drops!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Wow, I think this photo shows the new standard that we all need rise to. No more pics of our bikes next to a pooftah red couch, or on some candle lit shrine. The bathroom shot: that is art!
    BWAHAHAHAHH!!!
    Guess who made that suggestion?
    Way to go Nick, and congrats!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Outcast
    A true act of vision on your part 'Zilla!

The next batch of pics of my bike will be taken with a porta-potty as the background.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    shout goes to 'zilla for the inspiration but to laura ashley for the tiles.........
    kosmo, the mod is a simple one and will cost almost nothing. take the lower legs off, let all the air out of the air spring side. turn the legs so you can see underneath were the damping rod comes through there is a large hex. undo this (traditional thread) and pull out the damper rod. at the top of the damper rod assembly there is a shim stack (pile of washers on the black manifold) you need to take these off. (undo the manifold from the damper rod. then take the nut off the top of the manifold (manifold in soft jaws in the vice).) decision time now, do you want a smooth but still quite firm action or do you want fluidity similar to 66's? for the firm one you just reverse the biggest two washers so the smaller is next to the manifold. for the smooooth insert a small flat washer (hole has to be the same as the existing washers) 1mm thick and make sure the diameter does not cover the holes in the manifold.
    reassemble as reverse of the above instructions, don't forget to put air and oil in the top chamber and just oil in the lower chamber.
    if you don't like it then just reassemble the way it was. i love mine and have done three or four others all of which are very happy. email me if you need any more advice.

Now with 3 more inches!
    nickhart, is that a Rolf reference in your thread title?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    g'day mate tickle me cobblers etc.
    must have affected me when he was on tv when growing up in England. possibly the best thing he ever said. damn fine artist though!
    the reference was for the following photo which was to be the first thing you saw

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    getting used to this software!