Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plasko

Calling the Turner warranty department....

Anyone know an alternate email to send warranty questions to? I've emailed Greg, but the emails keep getting bounced back with an "email box full" error message.

mtbr member
    Try calling

Plasko
    Its 8:00 on Friday night - I don't think they're there. Plus I need to send pictures of the frame failure so they can see it. Figured email would be the best way to contact them.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by generic602
    Its 8:00 on Friday night - I don't think they're there.
    Shocker.

The world will end over the weekend so hold on tight.

Plasko
    Wow, two very helpful replies. Nothing better to do on a friday night than post *****y replies to an information request??? The world-famous MTBR Turner forum strikes again.

mtbr member
    It's douchey. But anyway if they are not there to receive a call they aren't there to receive an email. Perhaps you are sending files that are too big? You get an error message if you send an email bigger than 10MB to most work email addresses. Otherwise pick up the phone Monday and see if Greg is around.

Plasko
    I know how to spell douche, wilks - but thanks for the tip Webster. The reason I did that is because some boards actually sensor the word (just kidding on the spelling of censor, in case that point eludes you).

I also know about email file size limits, which is why I sent two small files totaling 500kb. But thanks for the great information.

Anyone else on this board actually have a real suggestion, or is this going to turn into a weekend-long *****fest?

Rolling
    Where is generic's milk bottle? The baby won't stop crying.

Plasko
    You know, I really, REALLY love my Turner bike, but I just don't understand what it is about DT's brand that attracts so many internet trolls. This forum has more trolls than most forums have members, and I really don't get why such a great brand attracts such idiocy. All I did was ask for some simple information, and this is the kind of responses I get. Only on the Turner forum - world renowned for douchebaggery. lidarman and wilks can take first & second position on my ignore list.

Elitest thrill junkie
    You know, I really, REALLY love my Turner bike, but I just don't understand what it is about DT's brand that attracts so many internet trolls. This forum has more trolls than most forums have members, and I really don't get why such a great brand attracts such idiocy. All I did was ask for some simple information, and this is the kind of responses I get. Only on the Turner forum - world renowned for douchebaggery. lidarman and wilks can take first & second position on my ignore list.
    Well, that's what you get for posting about an issue on a Friday night. As if it's going to be resolved or something? Is there a new 24/7 warrenty department? There is a FORM on the Turner website for sending emails, and last time I used it, it worked fine (but of course it's not going to be read on a Friday night). There's also the turnerweb@turnerbikes.com address on the website as well.

It seems like you are A, just being lazy, and B, unrealistically expecting something to be resolved on a weekend.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Rolling
    I really don't get why such a great brand attracts such idiocy.
    e.g. your post.

Plasko
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Well, that's what you get for posting about an issue on a Friday night. As if it's going to be resolved or something? Is there a new 24/7 warrenty department? There is a FORM on the Turner website for sending emails, and last time I used it, it worked fine (but of course it's not going to be read on a Friday night). There's also the turnerweb@turnerbikes.com address on the website as well.

It seems like you are A, just being lazy, and B, unrealistically expecting something to be resolved on a weekend.
    I didn't ask, intend, or imply that the issue would be resolved today, tomorrow or Sunday, and I didn't realize that the forum prohibited questions such as these from being asked on a Friday night. I was trying to send the email to Turner while I was on the computer and while the issue is fresh so that it could get sent out, and Greg can deal with it at his leisure. And its not like Greg's email is front & center, and I just emailed the first address that I saw on the website. I had to dig to find the warranty department's email address. I don't see anywhere in my post that I wanted this resolved immediately, but apparently that is what everyone is assuming. Where did that assumption come from? Beats me.

The Turner website listed Greg's email under the warranty section, so I would assume that there is a specific department for warranty issues, with Greg being the person to handle it. There are many companies who have specific emails for specific requests, and if you send the request to the wrong person, many times the request goes ignored. I don't appreciate your implications, Jayem - you were reading way to deep into a simple request for information.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'm glad you were able to help yourself.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    I'm glad you were able to help yourself.
    Exactly.

However, I feel sorry for Greg next week. But maybe there will be some reflection before then.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Is it "douchey" if I point out that the phone # for Turner is pretty plainly listed on the Turner Website?

But if it is too hard to click, I'll just copy/paste it here.

Turner Suspension Bicycles, Inc.
    41615 Date St. #105
    Murrieta, CA. 92562
    Phone: 951-677-1711

Hey - before you point out that you can't send emails to a phone number - you are the one that titled the thread "calling the turner warranty department" which probably send most of us thinking you were looking for a phone #.

I'm guessing you meant that in the "paging the turner warranty department" way.

Plasko
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky

I'm guessing you meant that in the "paging the turner warranty department" way.
    Yeah, that's probably where the miscommunication happened - "paging" or "attention" was my intent, not physically using the telephone

mtbr member
    You could always post your warranty pictures here and get the forum really wound up and sensitive!

Try the sales email at Turner or you could always PM DT via the forum - that's what I'd do if my mail bounced and the only time I had to send a message was now (......I can think of a millions reasons why someone might want to do this Friday and not wait until Monday or may have reason to not phone - you have copped a hostile response from a gaggle and I agree - this forum seems to be the land of geese lately... came with the higher prices???).

melon farmer
    To the OP - how dare you ask for Turner information here on the Turner forum?

And did you say you wanted to bang my mum? I swear I read that somewhere in your post. Let's fight!

gnuH
    Mentioning the words 'frame failure' in this forum is a surefire way to get a whole bunch of panties in a bunch.

What broke? JRA?
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwirider
    Mentioning the words 'frame failure' in this forum is a surefire way to get a whole bunch of panties in a bunch.

In this case just a mention of 'warranty' got their panties twisted. OP ignore them - they obviously haven't ridden lately...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    To the OP: this forum has had many threads like yours, all on a Friday night. Some have been in a panic because they weren't gotten back to immediately, some just wonder why. We're all pretty much hardwired to not even try to get hold of Turner from late Friday on through the weekend and can't understand why others would want to try to initiate a response during that time period. We're sensitive to that. Email us and we'll get back to you on Monday.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pRiCk
    Who is this (we)?

Does Turner offer stock options now or did DW finally mate up with xcguy?
    Six MTBR Replies Man has spoken.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Six MTBR Replies Man has spoken.
    that's not 6 replies, that's brian's new id. tough to get over 10 posts when the man is on a mission to shut you down.

mtbr member
    Send me an email (don't call) next time you take a dump and I'll rush over and wipe your ar$e for you since you crave more hand holding and attention than my 6 year old. How dare Turner not be available when you need them. I am sorry they don't appreciate your sense of entitlement.

My cup runneth over
    To the OP. Sorry to say that you are mostly correct in that many forum posters are more interested in correcting others than really being helpful. Itís prevalent in many forums though and not limited to here. It seems to come from an arrogance and put-down mentality. The weird thing is that many of those doing it didnít always do so but perhaps have allowed cynicism and the overall mood of the site to infect them. I wish it were not so.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast