Nothing here

Calling all CCDB owners

Hey fellas, I just got a Double Barrel today and had a question. So I installed the shock and rode around the driveway a little and then read the installation instructions. It says to remove the innersleeve from the reducers after mounting up the shock. The shock reducers are 8 mm and the Six Pack shock bolts are 6mm. So wtf? Do I need to get 6mm reducers or leave it the way it is? It seems to fit fine with the little sleeve inside the reducers. What did you guys do?

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownrash
    Hey fellas, I just got a Double Barrel today and had a question. So I installed the shock and rode around the driveway a little and then read the installation instructions. It says to remove the innersleeve from the reducers after mounting up the shock. The shock reducers are 8 mm and the Six Pack shock bolts are 6mm. So wtf? Do I need to get 6mm reducers or leave it the way it is? It seems to fit fine with the little sleeve inside the reducers. What did you guys do?
    Those instructions don't seem to apply to us Turner folk. Keep the sleeve inside the reducers. That's what I did and it works like a charm.

Nothing here
    Coo, Does it freak you out that the shock can be twisted around due to the spherical bearings? Still trying to get used to that one. The DHX Air I used to use had no play.

banned
    What is the procedure to replace those bearings when they're worn?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    You've probably figured it out, but Do Not Remove The Inner Sleeve.

It's an error in the owner's manual. The manual refers to a plastic alignment sleeve used when mounting the shock on bikes with larger bolts (dh bikes, I guess). The inner sleeve you have should be metal, and is meant to be part of the mounting system.

This is all per Malcolm Hadley at CC, from a few months ago when I got my DB, and had the same questions as you.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.