Motion activated

Burners with Manitou 3-way Air now in stock at Supergo

Well they're about 5-6 weeks late, but better late then never BTW not all sizes/colours are in, but most are.

Should be a sweet ride with that Manitou 3-way Air.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    $945 is an awesome deal. will this have a canti brake option???

Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Well they're about 5-6 weeks late, but better late then never BTW not all sizes/colours are in, but most are.

Should be a sweet ride with that Manitou 3-way Air.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    BTW not all sizes/colours are in, but most are.
    Just place my order this morning. One small silver Burner for the wifey. Turner is waiting for the shipment of the remaining 3 Ways, which is in transit, and then off they go and Supergo should have their full order. So if the size or color you want isnít in stock Iíd hurry and place your order anyway.

On a side note, do you guys know if Burner blue is the same as the Spot blue? The Blue Burner Supergo has on their website look awfully purplish, lavender, periwinkle like.

Quote Originally Posted by J.C.
    ...will this have a canti brake option?
    Nope. But you may find the adaptors pop up here or in the Classifieds occasionally.
    Last edited by CrashTheDOG; 05-05-2004 at 11:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Burner Blue

[On a side note, do you guys know if Burner blue is the same as the Spot blue? The Blue Burner Supergo has on their website look awfully purplish, lavender, periwinkle like.

Here is a pic of mine I bought from Supergo with the Fox Float RL. Looks to be the same blue as the 5Spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by antman
    Looks to be the same blue as the 5Spot.
    Thanks antman. Hey do you want to trade your silver Thomson seat post for a black one?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Has anyone ridden the Burner with a 3-Way ?

If anyone has ridden a Burner with the 3-Way:
    What fork would be best matched with the bike, Float, TALAS, Marz or maybe an SPV Minute?

mtbr member

Small Burner

We still have the small red burner with the Fox Pro-pedal. I'd be interested to hear about the difference between that and the swinger 3-way if anybody has some insight. Keeping up with Supergo on this frame really sucks, but I guess not a whole lot we can do but be happy we didn't have 10 of them.....

Ouch, I am hot!

Always Wondered About That

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Keeping up with Supergo on this frame really sucks, but I guess not a whole lot we can do but be happy we didn't have 10 of them.....
    Yea, this Supergo blowout really screws the LBS that has to pay as much or more for the bike. How does this stuff work? Does the LBS pay for or buy the frames that are actually in the store or is there another arrangement? Is there an agreement about the price the LBS must sell the frame for, ect. It seems to me that many LBS's that have already purchased Burners are screwed by this Supergo blowout.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member

Basically.....

There is MSRP, that a manufacturer will make you sell for, or thereabouts, else lose your account. When/IF a manufacturer wants to get rid of some frames, decides to discontinue something, or lower the msrp, its not communicated to the tons of dealers out there, its just something that comes down through the big guys (like Supergo, Jenson, etc.) Then you play catch-up, since if you don't do something and quickly, you will actually lose money on the frame since you probably paid as much if not a bit more for the frame than the blow-out price. Thats why I said I was glad we only had 1 burner, and not 10, which I know some dealers had when Supergo began the $949 sale. Can't blame the manufacturers, they are doing what they feel is best, and they are more in tune with overall sales than 1 or 2 local bike shops, thats for sure.

The boutique frames, anyway, are all cash and carry, straight up. If you have terms, which the big manufacturers offer (Giant, Specialized, Trek, etc.) then sometimes you can get bikes in say, January with June or July payment dates. However, if you do that, there are usually minimums, and you are pretty much locked into just a few brands, else take the chance of NOT making that $50,000 or so payment in June/July. We like to be a straight cash operation, where we pay for everything we have on the floor, everything we ride, and everything we have comming.

If you stay on your toes, and don't get pig-headed about "having" to make a profit on every frame, you can generally at least not lose money on the blown out frames, etc.

dolce
    Mar 2004

sizing

This has probably been asked and answered , but what diameter seat post? From posted pictures it looks like a top pull bottom swing front derailleur? What diameter clamp?
    thanks in advance.

dolce
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    seatpost-27.2
    derailleur 34.9
    73mm BB?
    any thing I'm overlooking?

thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Thanks antman. Hey do you want to trade your silver Thomson seat post for a black one?
    what length and condition is yours in?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by antman
    what length and condition is yours in?
    Antman,

The post has had minimal use and is a 27.2 x 410 mm and is in excellent condition. Is yours the same length? Condition? If you want to trade I'd be willing to send you my post for inspection and if everything looks good then go a head and ship yours. Let me know, and if you'd rather discuss this off the boards you can email me.

Take it easy,
    Crash