Thread: Burnerific

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Burnerific

It took me five months but I finally got my Burner built up (poor school teacher ;-). I can't
    believe how much fun this bike is to ride! I've been on a S-works hard
    tail for the last 10 years and with the Burner it's like a whole new
    world out there!! More speed, more fun, and less fatigue. Thanks for all
    the great info I've gleaned off this forum in the last several months.

The action shot is on the South Yuba Trail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    American River Canyon

Can Tree Member
    Nice ride. I admire your choice of color. Bikes and wagons are supposed to be red...it's the natural order of things. But you'd better not let the school board find out you are a poofta. That could be trouble.

For that matter, you should probably have not even gotten a Turner, given your profession. You must resist the temptation to pimp your kids when UGI sets in. You should probably just send the bike to me for disposal. Do it for the kids...

Congratulations on the new bike...you are going to love it.
    Dad is sad.
    Very, very sad.
    He had a bad day.
    What a day Dad had!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

From a hard tail to a Burner

Must be tough going to work everyday knowing you could be out on your new ride!

Rolling
    Welcome to the poofta burner circle (jerk).

rr
    I don't do PC
    Very nice! happy trails

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad Man Walking
    Nice ride. I admire your choice of color. Bikes and wagons are supposed to be red...it's the natural order of things. But you'd better not let the school board find out you are a poofta. That could be trouble.

For that matter, you should probably have not even gotten a Turner, given your profession. You must resist the temptation to pimp your kids when UGI sets in. You should probably just send the bike to me for disposal. Do it for the kids...

Congratulations on the new bike...you are going to love it.
    Thanks for the welcomes.

Yeah I've notice a little color sub-culture on this board - pretty funny stuff. Superformancego choose the color for me (only color left), but I don't have any complaints. The red looks pretty good. My top choice for a mt. bike would be a clear anodized finish, but hey for $799 red will do just fine thank you.

One more week of school then off for three weeks - I can't wait!!
    American River Canyon

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 39n, 121w
    Thanks for the welcomes.

Yeah I've notice a little color sub-culture on this board - pretty funny stuff. Superformancego choose the color for me (only color left), but I don't have any complaints. The red looks pretty good. My top choice for a mt. bike would be a clear anodized finish, but hey for $799 red will do just fine thank you.

One more week of school then off for three weeks - I can't wait!!
    Nice Frame. I was looking for Red but could not find one! $799? Thats what I got mine for at SuperHo!

Jeff

39 You beat me to it...

D@mn I like your bike. That is essentially the build I have been contemplating down to the cool red paint job. I might have to go with the silver Reba w/ U-turn just to be different. Glad to hear your enjoying it. Dont forget to post in the Burner database (Located in the set-up sticky at the top of the page)

Cheers
    Last edited by CDtofer; 11-03-2005 at 08:07 AM. Reason: cuz I just cant type...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

It's posted

Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    D@mn I like your bike. That is essentially the build I have been contemplating down to the cool red paint job. I might have to go with the silver Reba w/ U-turn just to be different. Glad to hear your enjoying it. Dont forget to post in the Burner database (Located in the set-up sticky at the top of the page)

Cheers
    CD,

It's posted on the Burner database now so you can check it the parts list in detail. Nothing too special, but it should make for a solid ride. Good luck with your build!

39n, 121w
    American River Canyon