Thread: Burner and Tnt

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Burner and Tnt

Hi all,
    I'm assuming that there are HL rear ends for the Burner in case of warranty, but does anyone know if the TNT rear will be compatible (just bolt right on)?

Thanks.

Burning Burner
    Isn't the rear of the Burner the same with the 5-spot one? I think that we will not have any problems.

Anyone that can confirm the above?

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Yeah, the burner rear, meaning the chain and seatstays are identical to the Spot. I got this confirmation from Casey, when I first bought my Spot and was contemplating putting the black rear from my Burner on it.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Thanks guys, I didn't know the Burner rear was the same as the Spot. I feel better already

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by esenkay
    Thanks guys, I didn't know the Burner rear was the same as the Spot. I feel better already
    Does than mean your could 5-spot rockers on a Burner and get 5" of travel?
    Astigmatic Visionary

Burning Burner
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Does than mean your could 5-spot rockers on a Burner and get 5" of travel?
    Different front triangle, so probably not

Can Tree Member

Might just get 5" of nothng...

Quote Originally Posted by skritikos
    Different front triangle, so probably not
    I suspect that the 5" frankenburner would not live...the seat tube pivot location looks like it is much lower on the old-school HL bikes (XCE, Burner), in addition to being behind the tube vs. in front of it. On the ICT/TNT bikes, the rockers are much shallower (less triangulated). If there was even clearance for the shock in front of the seat tube, you might find yourself looking for a 5" i2i shock to put in there.

Your question begs a different one, though. If the rear trrangles are identical, and if the Burner/XCE design does not create patent infringement issues, would you still be able to get a new HL triangle for your bike if you needed one, or would you have to settle for the TNT triangle?

And...we have heard (and some people have now personally experienced) that the TNT bikes ride nearly identical to the ICT/HL bikes. But, what happens if you bolt the TNT triangle on to the XCE/Burner?
    Dad is sad.
    Very, very sad.
    He had a bad day.
    What a day Dad had!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i had this same discussion with david and he says no way. cant swap rockers between fwd pivot spots and rear pivot burners. 4" is as much as a burner will ever see.

from now on its tnt folks. they will bolt onto a burner just fine. off to work i go!
    No, I'm NOT back!