Thread: burner stolen

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

burner stolen

I rode my Turner at the Detroit Marathon yesterday to help support my friend who was running in it. Got back to my car and put the bike inside and went into Ford Field to see him finish. I got back to the car afterwards to find the car broken into with my bike, Ipod and cell phone gone. Unbelievable bummer, it was a silver 04' burner with a manitou minute two fork, black chris king hubs with Mavic 3.1 rims, etc. Now today I have to contact my insurance company to file a claim. I have the police report so I don't anticipate any difficulties in getting the stuff replaced under my homeowners insurance. the sad thing is there's some crackhead riding a Turner thru the streets of Detroit with no idea what he is riding. What will happen when he needs to put air the the Swinger shock? I guess I'll keep an eye on Ebay in case it was a more professional job. Since they don't make the Burner now, should I replace with Flux?
    Saddened
    Neal

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    its news like this that just makes me sick to my stomach and i mean physically sick. the feeling of losing a bike is painfull and somewhat tramatic, at least for me. as a young boy, i lost 2 bikes, a DG racer 1 and a original PK Ripper, both nicely built and worth a ton by the days standards. the PK is worth more than i paid for it now due to its rareity, maybe close to 2k according to SE's owner. drag. man. cant say how sorry i am to hear this but thank gawd for homeowners ins. id suggest a flux if yer land based or a spot if ya need a burlyer airborn ride. check out some of the reviews and pics in here to get a better idea. what sux more is that you were helpin out a pal when this selfish F#(k got yer ride. my sympathys for yer loss.
    No, I'm NOT back!