Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Burner sizing question? L or XL

924 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  woody74 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting a burner for my xc machine, I'm 6'2" and 180 and find I'm in between on the sizing. Can any other guys my size help me pick which size is right for me. My other current rides are a Large ASX (only 3 sizes available) Large Karate Monkey and a Large Enduro. I also have a 19inch Homegrown which is bit too small for me. I checked out the Blur the other day and I fit an XL in that.

The Turner XL quotes a TT length of 24.8, the blur is a 24.1 in the XL. All my other bikes are right around 24 for the TT length except the homey. The sizing chart at superblow says my height should ride a Large, but it seems that TT length will be to short. Am I just in between sizes? Any imput is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Well, I am 6'1 around 190 and I have a 33" inseam and ride a L burner. It is perfect, but if i were any bigger I would go with an XL. The cockpit seems somewhat compact, but not too small.
Dunno if that helps, but if you feel like a roomy cockpit is more your thing, then you should go with the XL

#3 ·
Like you, I am right in between the Burner sizes at 6'2". I wanted mine for XC racing and whatnot (have a 5-Spot for AM and stuff) so I went with the XL Burner to stretch me out farther for racing. I should have it built up in about a week if you want to wait that long for my impression. The 5-Spot is a large with a setback post and I am happy with the fit for an AM bike. You should get a flood of advice in a few minutes from people who actually have them though....

Greyeye

#6 ·
XL or L

SLCHAGER said:
Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the XL but will wait for any other input. Also, what fork does anyone recommond? I'm trying to build this bike as cheap as I can by parting out my Homegrown and Enduro and still have a raceable bike.
I'm 6'2" with only a 32" inseam, and an HD XC (not freeridey) riding emphasis, and the XL 5-spot suits me perfectly. I prefer the XL with a "straight block" seatpost and reasonable stem over an L with a setback post and/or long stem. I've ridden my XL with the setback post, and didn't like the way it climbed really steep, technical stuff.

You may know this already, but the Turner Bike guys would gladly chat with you directly about this. Give'em a call Monday!

#7 ·
I'm also 6'2" but decided to go for the L. I have a lay back FSA post and a 100mm stem and it just perfect. If you want something for trail riding I would go for a large but if you want more of a flat back XC bike then maybe the XL would be best. I had this exact dilemma but thought a slightly too small frame was better then one too large. It’s the right decision for me as I can clear technical trails that I could never do on my slightly too large Zaskar. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.