mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Burner, Flux & Czar

I have owned my Burner for just over 6 months and recently had the chance to meet DT and demo both the Flux and Czar at North of the Border Bikes in San Diego. I was curious to compare and contrast.

As compared to my Burner, the Flux feels quicker in the turns. It also feels as if it climbs faster, as well as being firmer through the suspension. However, when I checked my times over some routes I have done many times in the past, it was not any faster then when riding my Burner. The best way for me to describe it is that it feels faster but that it really was not faster for me. Another way to look at it is that with the Burner, I always want to sit and spin when climbing versus a desire to sometimes stand and pedal when climbing on the Flux. Finally, the Burner is plusher and it wants to hammer through and over things versus the Flux (ps - I installed the 2014 damper upgrade to my Fox fork and it was a huge improvement). In sum, the bikes are similar but there are differences.

As for the Czar, this bike is completely different than the Burner/Flux. Being a short guy, take what I say with again of salt. The Czar was not for me. I did not like the big wheels or the "perched in the air" feel I had. I guess that I am not a 29er or a short travel race bike guy.

I hope this helps those looking for a bike.

Mt Wilson Motoboy
    Thanks for that. I had the OG Burner set up at 4" and sorta burly. I'm considering a Flux but that new Burner kinda looks like the ticket.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]"My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]