Thread: Burner Baby!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Burner Baby!

My new Ride! It is dirty now, with South Mountain dust and Prescott gravel! This was brand new of the building room floor!

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Congats on the new burner. SoMo and Prescott are great areas to break in your new Turner.

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by spocksbeard
    My new Ride! It is dirty now, with South Mountain dust and Prescott gravel! This was brand new of the building room floor!

Jeff
    Great lookin' ride. I recently moved to AZ and have found the Burner perfect for SoMo...with the exception of Desert Classic. It's total overkill for that trail but it rocks up and down National, Mormon, all of the east side and of course Telegraph.

Congrats and I'll probably see you out there someday. I ride SoMo quite a bit.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Crash- Wow, that is impressive - Telegraph on your Burner. I walk some sections of that trail coming down - well, actually, I walk alot of it.
    Last edited by JTBAZ; 10-27-2005 at 10:12 PM.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    you tell em crash! nuthin like a good day with no foot traffic on telegraph! didnt happen too often as i recall. what ya say we do that ride next week? maybe baz and beard would like to join in? hell, bring the whole damn az crowd! (save for one neg nelly) can you imagine s mtn filled with one long line of turners???? thats one helluva photo op and a good time. waddaya say guys? gals? pm me if yer into it and ill pass on dates and times for 10/31 - 11/3. dont forget about the DNR on halloween night.

i know a small handfull of guys who can clean national to telegraph and back to the parkin lot on d. classic without a single dab. sick, huh?
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    you tell em crash! nuthin like a good day with no foot traffic on telegraph! didnt happen too often as i recall. what ya say we do that ride next week? maybe baz and beard would like to join in? hell, bring the whole damn az crowd! (save for one neg nelly) can you imagine s mtn filled with one long line of turners???? thats one helluva photo op and a good time. waddaya say guys? gals? pm me if yer into it and ill pass on dates and times for 10/31 - 11/3. dont forget about the DNR on halloween night.

i know a small handfull of guys who can clean national to telegraph and back to the parkin lot on d. classic without a single dab. sick, huh?

I would love to ride but have to work to support my upgraditis problem. I am always amazed at the technical abilities of riders on National and mormon. Anytime I want to be humbled I ride those two trails.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    no worries, me bein the solver of all problems. do ya work days or nights? we ride both. problem solved.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    My house is inside the Ray/Chandler loop behind the Monte Vista School. So straight north I am in the river bed up to the saddle that goes to Helipad or DC! I have not had the time to climb Mormon and descend National yet, but that is on my list ASAP! I did take it to Prescott and do Granite Basin with my girlfriend and that rocked! I cant wait to get it out to Hawes or P & D! Sedona is on tap for November.

Let me know when you guys do group rides. My neighbor saw my bike and went out and bought a Kona Dawg so we ride some.

By the way, the only way I do Telegraph is on foot hiking with girl and dog, or my bike on my back!

Late

Jeff

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by spocksbeard
    My house is inside the Ray/Chandler loop behind the Monte Vista School. So straight north I am in the river bed up to the saddle that goes to Helipad or DC! I have not had the time to climb Mormon and descend National yet, but that is on my list ASAP! I did take it to Prescott and do Granite Basin with my girlfriend and that rocked! I cant wait to get it out to Hawes or P & D! Sedona is on tap for November.

Let me know when you guys do group rides. My neighbor saw my bike and went out and bought a Kona Dawg so we ride some.

By the way, the only way I do Telegraph is on foot hiking with girl and dog, or my bike on my back!

Late

Jeff
    You're more than welcome to join anytime we ride. I find the Burner to be total overkill for DC and I end up hating the bike by the end of it. Mainly b/c everyone I ride with hammers DC and the Burner is too effin' heavy to do that. If I'm only riding DC, I ride the SS or the HT. Most of the time I ride National some way or another. If you like technical riding, the Burner is great for it. Once I have the longer travel fork on it, I'll like it even more. Telegraph isn't bad at all. Just lower your seat and get used to slow riding with the brakes on. I love that kind of riding so I look for it whenever I can.

We're heading to Flag early tomorrow morning. If interested, PM me.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    You're more than welcome to join anytime we ride. I find the Burner to be total overkill for DC and I end up hating the bike by the end of it. Mainly b/c everyone I ride with hammers DC and the Burner is too effin' heavy to do that. If I'm only riding DC, I ride the SS or the HT. Most of the time I ride National some way or another. If you like technical riding, the Burner is great for it. Once I have the longer travel fork on it, I'll like it even more. Telegraph isn't bad at all. Just lower your seat and get used to slow riding with the brakes on. I love that kind of riding so I look for it whenever I can.

We're heading to Flag early tomorrow morning. If interested, PM me.

Yeah, I found that to be the case on DC also. Kinda lathargic on the Burner. But I shortened up my Rockers to make the bike a little stiffer on the backend. Got a bad lower back so HT's are out of the question. I can get it pretty rigid if I need to. I have been riding SM for 10 yrs plus and know Mormon and National well. Used to do it on a rigid Tank front and back on the mid 90's. I rode Mormon on my bro's XCE last April and fell in love with the bike. He just got a 5 Spot.

You guys doing Eldon? Been there many times too. Hobbit Forrest, Little Bear, Sunset, Catwalk, Shultz Creek......... Would love to join ya but gotta work.

Have a good time.

Jeff