mtbr member

Burner Air Shock Setup

Has the recommended air pressure been determined yet?

Turner Bikes - Air Shock Setup

jrm
    mtbr member
    I used the 5 spot guidelines

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    15mm is good for Burner too, but newer gen shocks use different air pressure to get same sag, AND, EVO shocks don't use same exact air pressure as Boost Valve shocks to get same sag. They 'look' like same outside but....

Don't forget, you can use a little less or more than 15mm sag and have no effect on the pedaling efficiency. If you have more or less sag you will change the bikes angles assuming no change to fork sag.

Add fork sag to geometry set up and you can go nuts playing with chassis attitude.

Have fun.

mtbr member
    Coming from a long line of various "faux bar" linkage bikes, I've been struggling a little to get my Burner's rear shock dialed. I set the sag at 15mm or so but it still seemed to bob/kick back and bog down under certain conditions, most notably when pedaling over fairly flat terrain with slight rollers. On my past bikes, this would usually indicate that the rebound was too fast, so I kept dialing in more rebound damping but it didn't seem to make things any better. So I started backing the rebound off-it seemed counter-intuitive to me but it helped. I'm now running (in the "T" setting) rebound nearly fully backed off, maybe one click in, and it's working really well for me.

Just wanted to post this revelation in hopes that it would help anyone dealing with similar issues...

mtbr member
    I assume setting the sag on Turner bikes should be done with the CTD shocks in the "D" setting.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edbraunbeck View Post
    I assume setting the sag on Turner bikes should be done with the CTD shocks in the "D" setting.
    exactly. Forks as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I also like backing off the Rebound knob when setting sag as well. Don't want any damping settings to mess with the spring.

~~~~~~~~
    SteveF, does your shock have a low tune for both the compression and rebound?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck View Post
    SteveF, does your shock have a low tune for both the compression and rebound?
    Not so far as I can tell. It's the stock Fox CTD unit that came with Burners last spring. It has the CTD lever and rebound and that's it. I run it on T pretty much all the time.