Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Broken Turner

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    88

    Broken Turner

    So...... I was just riding along.......
    This is a 2002 Turner XCE. Gave me 2.5 years of great riding. As my riding got more and more aggressive the bike just gave out. Believe it or not on a fire road jumping off a 1/2 foot bump, landing hard and SNAP. I though my fork snapped. When the seat tube broke it swong bacwards and stopped my rear tire. I did the superman over the bars.... luckily into sandy wash.

    5 min later it would have been in a rock garden... Now that would be ugly.

    Turner, the awesome company that it is, came through with amazing customer service. I was able to swap the frame for a six pack with Dhx air. Not free but for a respectable price. Hell my frame was 6 mo out of warranty. After emailing pics they set me up with an amazing grey large Sixer. I'll post some pics soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,365
    You could have bolted the rear triangle straight onto a 5-Spot or 6-Pack front too. So, did you save the rear triangle or have to turn it in? Those Horst models may be going for some decent coin in the future. Crap, those XR rockers are worth $130 (more than the Romic).

    Glad to hear you will be rolling again soon. You're gonna dig the Pack bigtime.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    88
    I've been riding the 6 pack for a few months. Yep I had to turn in the rockers to Turner. They let me keep the romic which is up on ebay now.
    I turned it into a field trip. I live 45 min from Turner.
    I had no idea what DT looked like but it turns out I was talking to him the whole time ( I thought he was Casey) . So he has an anodized orange six pack that looks freakishly hot and weighs in at 31 lbs.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    88
    P.S. I do have the non- tnt model,,,,,,, Thank gosh I'll be able to resell in about 10 years for more than its worth.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by XCE-zer
    I had no idea what DT looked like but it turns out I was talking to him the whole time ( I thought he was Casey) . So he has an anodized orange six pack that looks freakishly hot and weighs in at 31 lbs.
    I'd be curious to have a look at it.

    Nice trade-in , post some pics please.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    322
    You know, after all the griping about TNT, in the end you just can't go wrong with a company that treats it's customers so well. Just imaging the fiasco you would have been in for had it been an Ellsworth..."...yeah, it's got dirt on it, so it's out of warrantee, but we'll sell you another frame at full price..."

  7. #7
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcarr
    You know, after all the griping about TNT, in the end you just can't go wrong with a company that treats it's customers so well. Just imaging the fiasco you would have been in for had it been an Ellsworth..."...yeah, it's got dirt on it, so it's out of warrantee, but we'll sell you another frame at full price..."
    To be fair, that doesn't seem to be the case as of lately. I had to replace a chainstay on my Id and not only did the warranty go smoothly, I got the new one with shipping paid both ways and then offered a next generation asym stay to try out, which I am doing.

    So from my current point of view, I can't imagine the fiasco you are assuming.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    917
    free shipping probably probably paid for from the $80 royalty Turner is forced to pay....sorrry, couldn't resist


    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    To be fair, that doesn't seem to be the case as of lately. I had to replace a chainstay on my Id and not only did the warranty go smoothly, I got the new one with shipping paid both ways and then offered a next generation asym stay to try out, which I am doing.

    So from my current point of view, I can't imagine the fiasco you are assuming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •