KgB
    SNGLSPD

boxxer on six pack/rfx

I had the chance to demo a boxxer on my six pack this week.
    And I liked it,alot it was a u-turn version so A-C was the same in the 160 setting and it extends up to 187mm.7.2lbs was a little heavy but managable.
    In the end I decided that it really didn't do anything better than the fox 36 and the extra weight so I think I will keep looking.
    Marzocchi 66sl is looking pretty good.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've been inside too long.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Great pics!

mtbr member
    Nice Trail.
    That dog's gonna bite your ass if you get the wrong fork
    Wear the Fox out, by then a whole new batch of forks will be on the market
    Stay off the brakes

Team Sanchez
    Take a serious look at the new 66 SL ATA. So far all of the reviews have been stellar. I've been running one on my RFX for a month or so, and I love it! Where were those pics taken? Fruita?
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

KgB
    SNGLSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Take a serious look at the new 66 SL ATA. So far all of the reviews have been stellar. I've been running one on my RFX for a month or so, and I love it! Where were those pics taken? Fruita?
    pics are from grand junction
    the 66 is on my short list I like the idea of 180mm
    my fox has been awesome I just want to try something new

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KgB
    pics are from grand junction
    the 66 is on my short list I like the idea of 180mm
    my fox has been awesome I just want to try something new
    Bro,the 07 66sl is just plain unreal.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR

Can I have my fork back now...

Well since you didn't like my Boxxer, can I have it back? It's eBay time for that one, so I can buy some more rediculous stuff I never get to use (like that Deemax I just bought, WTF?). I should probably buy a bike before I buy anymore parts..hmmm. YAY! I just won an auction for a new 07 Juicy 5 for $70! If I had a bike they would probably call my condition upgraditis, I don't know what they call it when you don't have a bike......oh yeah its called compulsive shopping. That sounds pretty queer.....
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

KgB
    SNGLSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    Well since you didn't like my Boxxer, can I have it back? It's eBay time for that one, so I can buy some more rediculous stuff I never get to use (like that Deemax I just bought, WTF?). I should probably buy a bike before I buy anymore parts..hmmm. YAY! I just won an auction for a new 07 Juicy 5 for $70! If I had a bike they would probably call my condition upgraditis, I don't know what they call it when you don't have a bike......oh yeah its called compulsive shopping. That sounds pretty queer.....
    do you want to demo the six pack? to bad it's a medium and near blizzard conditions in Fruita.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Me, too, the Boxxer!

I, too, have a Boxxer on my RFX. It's the U-turn Boxxer that spins me up and down the head angle chart from 130mm to 178mm. First, there's nothing like a dual-crown for stiffness; Second, this (or most) dual-crown at full stretch on the RFX will continuously pull you to ever larger and more challenging stunts; Third, tighten that belt and the RFX climbs ALMOST as well as the 5 Spot (if you're running hi-test in the quads and if you wear knee protection for the occassional but inevitable stamp of the knee on the tall stanchions). Bottom line: I love the dual crown bonus (stiffness, specifically) on my RFX. Bucks for a Fox 40 would be appreciated, but one MUST, if one likes to climb, have the option of steepening the head angle for those tough climbs.

Just another FOC'er
    I run an 06 Boxxer Ride on my Pack and love it. I was running an 04 Z150, but I find the Boxxer provides a more controlled ride. I also own an 04 Boxxer Team and I find the MoCo damper in the Ride is far better.

I do like the ETA on the Z150 for riding up the really steep stuff because it locks way down, but the lowered Boxxer stays active which is a big plus.

Personally, I don't find the weight a huge deal. Just last weekend I did a 4500' climb on the bike without beating myself up all that much.

Sorry, crappy I know, but at least it's a pic

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Having ridden with a Ride, and now a Lyrik on the same bike....

I think SRAM/RS missed the boat big time by not offering the 180mm coil Totem and Domain with U-turn. Having done it with the Ride (at only 2mm less travel) I don't get why they didn't do it with those forks. I'd have totally gone for a coil 180mm Totem if U-turn had been offered on the fork.

Wonder if you could figure out a way to take an 05/06 Ride coil U-turn stack and modify it to work with a Totem/Domain coil topcap, using it instead of the normal spring guts..... I'm assuming the topcap threading is different since the stanchions are such differing diameters. And you'd have to cut down/rethread the bottom rod that bolts into the lowers. Probably more work than it's worth.

(non-Homer lurker out. what can i say? you guys here have some of the best/most entertaining tech stuff......)
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

KgB
    SNGLSPD
    [QUOTE=scrublover]Having ridden with a Ride, and now a Lyrik on the same bike....

I think SRAM/RS missed the boat big time by not offering the 180mm coil Totem and Domain with U-turn. Having done it with the Ride (at only 2mm less travel) I don't get why they didn't do it with those forks. I'd have totally gone for a coil 180mm Totem if U-turn had been offered on the fork. QUOTE]
    Yeah I agree,I decided on the Marzocchi based on the 180mm travel

KgB
    SNGLSPD
    [QUOTE=czneddy]I, too, have a Boxxer on my RFX. It's the U-turn Boxxer that spins me up and down the head angle chart from 130mm to 178mm. First, there's nothing like a dual-crown for stiffness; Second, this (or most) dual-crown at full stretch on the RFX will continuously pull you to ever larger and more challenging stunts; Third, tighten that belt and the RFX climbs ALMOST as well as the 5 Spot (if you're running hi-test in the quads and if you wear knee protection for the occassional but inevitable stamp of the knee on the tall stanchions).QUOTE]
    The boxxer really didn't give me any more confidence to do bigger stuff,I was able to climb ok with it never really having to lower it much.I did wack my knee more than a few times.I really liked the fork on this bike but it just didn't seem to do any thing bigger or better for me.it looks cool as hell on the bike though