mtbr member

Bizarre customer service from Australian distributor/agent

Trying to order a Czar for the last three weeks. Was expecting some wait. Have sold my Sultan in the meantime. Been told there was one for me last week and just waiting for Turner to confirm. Just now was told the Australian agent has tossed in the towel, spat the dummy at Turner I guess and told me to fend for myself. Essentially said good luck we have had enough of trying to deal with Turner. Have no idea who to contact to try to order at this point. Thats why I am going social.

Strange business this bike industry.

I just want to buy my sixth Turner... Help DT? Someone? Wanted Large Orange Czar and fork. Visa ready....

Coldass...

mtbr member
    If you call the Turner phone # (951)677-1711 during normal business hours you'll likley get Turners international sales rep in Texas, he'll take care of it for you.
    I recently took advantage of the Turner for Turner program and found out that I was dealing with Texas on the phone, dispite the fact that I ended up driving the hour + to make the swap. When I first called the last of the color and size I wanted had just been sold to someone in China.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Check the contact info in this thread

Not a Turner dealer in the state, online source??

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey C.A. Just saw the emails from Defcon and my sales guy. Trying to get to the bottom of the fall out, sorry you got a dead end. If there is no remedy with Defcon, than we can sell you a bike/frame/any combo you want.

I am pretty disappointed as Defcon seemed like a great fit.. but if they don't wanna work with us no hard feelings.

DT
    Last edited by turnerbikes; 09-14-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: info change

mtbr member

DT I have sent you an email. And LJ.

It Is hard for agents here to make things work in today's economy. Hard to add value when economy of scale can't be reached. I'm just cranky cause I have wasted three weeks and no frame to show for it. Now back to square one. Full retail from you DT means higher taxes, duties and shipping cost all based on the higher shipping value. Your dealer price would have been the basis for this to Defcon then me. So I'll likely pay more in the wash cause of the hassle but you'll profit. Go figure?

CA.

mtbr member

Thanks others. I have emailed Turner now. Look forward to my build thread! ....I hope.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    It is hard, and taxes and duties make it even harder for an agent to make it work.

DT

mtbr member
    FedEX were kind to me today....

Bizarre service all over. Czar is in the house!

Bizarre customer service from Australian distributor/agent-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380611928.160813.jpg
    Bizarre customer service from Australian distributor/agent-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380612004.648329.jpg

Thanks LJ, Greg and DT. And no hard feelings with Defcon. They tried and should be trusted. I would have no issue dealing with them tomorrow.

First impression on the Czar.....

Outstanding. Might be made in the East but you can see Turners 20 years of experience in every moment of this frame. You could make this on Mars if Turner were in charge. Nice. Very nice.

Orange is more burnt than I expected. Pleasant surprise. One happy camper here...