mtbr member

Good job! Big Betty Review;

finally got the BB's out on the trail. I'd rate them as a mediocre at best, but do to my superior bike handling skills, they worked pretty good Just kidding. On the serious side, today was a perfect day to test out the tires; it's been raining up here for a couple weeks.

There were tons of wet roots and slippery rocks on today's ride. In addition there were plenty of short steep climbs, descents, bridges and log rolls. I can honestly say the Betty's are some of the best tires I've had; they hooked up extremely well. I wanted a tire I could ride through the winter and it looks like the Betty is a perfect choice.

The sidewalls are stiff-the tire didn't roll over-they're faster than the Stick E Nevagals. Although the trails were supper wet, there wasn't much mud-we'll see how they do when it gets soupy. Thanks to SSNGA and thr rest of you who took the time to answer all my questions about these tires Tell Slomoking he'll have to look elsewhere if he wants a set of Betty's .
    turtle

mtbr member
    I presume you're using Gooey Gluey compound? I had a few scary moments in the wet using ORC (harder) compound. Other than that- great tire.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by simen
    I presume you're using Gooey Gluey compound? I had a few scary moments in the wet using ORC (harder) compound. Other than that- great tire.
    Whoops, yes, I am using the Gooey Gluey comound-thanks.

not so super...
    Glad you like 'em. Still one set left
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Glad you like 'em. Still one set left
    Fo will probably grab the last set and not tell anybody-he'll wait till Squeak isn't running them and slap them on his bike. But if you have them in January I'll get em-maybe the advantages too. BTW, on the slow-technical stuff the BB's were great-no too much fast and furious action on wet winter rides. What's the deal on the new Maxxis tire-is there something new and exciting coming out or is it a new compound? Thanks again .