mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Best routing for hydraulic lines on 04 Burner

Can anyone offer direction on what adapters are needed to route hydraulic lines on an 04 Burner frame? I have not seen the cable guides on the frame yet and need to order some adapters if necessary to cleanly and securely route Shimano cutable lines on the bike when building it. Is any specific routing path better than another? I want to use the experience of others to get it set up right the first time.

Thanks to any who can offer insight on this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

It's not very clean in my opinion

I just got my Burner a few weeks ago and was disappointed to see the top tube is still set up for cable type brakes even though the frame is disc specific. I got the jagwire problem solvers which you screw into the cable guides plus I put 2 additional stick on guides. The biggest problem I have is when the bike sags it creates a lot of slack between the front triangle and rear triangle. Ideally I would have the hose passing through the seat/top tube support mount to keep it out of the way but unfortunately by brakes (XT Hydralics) came off another bike and I didn't feel like having to pull the lines about and bleed again.

mtbr member

Drill out the cable stops, or run Avid Mech

Quote Originally Posted by sperky
    I just got my Burner a few weeks ago and was disappointed to see the top tube is still set up for cable type brakes even though the frame is disc specific. I got the jagwire problem solvers which you screw into the cable guides plus I put 2 additional stick on guides. The biggest problem I have is when the bike sags it creates a lot of slack between the front triangle and rear triangle. Ideally I would have the hose passing through the seat/top tube support mount to keep it out of the way but unfortunately by brakes (XT Hydralics) came off another bike and I didn't feel like having to pull the lines about and bleed again.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////