Third Degree Hater-Fu

Backed over my rear triangle (06 Turner 5Pack)...Help?

It was to the right of the truck when I cut the wheels. I did not even bend the rear wheel, so I'm guessing it was somewhere around the link/strut interface.

How can I tell which piece is bent when I disassemble it? My guess is it's all three...rocker/strut/chainstay.

Anybody got an old rear end they'd give up? I'm screwed. Wife's car just got repaired, truck blew up and all sorts of other crap happened to take all my money away.

Have not even bothered calling Turner. Not in a position to buy new parts . Turner forum riders got any left over parts I could Frankenstein it back together????

email bizutch@gmail.com

2006 Horst Link with the pieces shown in this pic. Not sure what rocker to ask for.(Click to zoom):

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5245/5...b312f511_o.jpg

Last edited by bizutch; 09-12-2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Details
    I am not a "Role Model"

mtbr member
    I just sent back to Turner a TNT 5 Spot chainstay/RFX seatstay/5.3in rockers as part of a trade in deal. Call them up, they may be able to help you. If your seatstays are good, you won't even change the geometry, otherwise it will be a bit taller and steeper but better than no bike!

Good luck!

mtbr member
    I traded in a 2008 RFX this winter so they might have some parts from that too..

I know how you feel, the weekend before my new frame arrived my TV died and then next weekend the computor died.
    Took us months to sort all that out.
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Turner is really great about getting guys back on their bikes. I suppose the worst they could do is put you on a wait list for trade-ins. You may get lucky. They are selling a lot of Burners and will be selling a lot of Czars. Turner riders are loyal and many use the trade-in program.

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    Really need to bump this thread. Still no luck at Turner. I need a complete rear end. Chainstay, seatstay (or strut) and rockers ..the ones with the cut out for the air valve.

ANYBODY OUT THERE FEELING MERCIFUL? Haven't ridden in months. Broke is no joke.
    I am not a "Role Model"

Team Blindspot
    I have a seatstay that I can get to you if you need it.
    Astigmatic Visionary

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
    I have a seatstay that I can get to you if you need it.
    Thats the route I think I have to pursue. Grab what I can from forums, craigslist and what I can from Greg since chances of all those old pieces hitting Turner at once are slim.
    I am not a "Role Model"

mtbr member
    I'll be trading in an old horst link burner as soon as Friday, should be compatible except for the rockers and I have some 5.3 and steep 6" rockers around here somewhere.

mtbr member
    i have some 08 5 spot rockers if you cant find the rfx ones.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    OK, I feel bad here. When I bought the frame, it was what I understood to be a "5 Pack". It was shipped to me with a Fox DHX 5.0 Air. I never really asked which pieces of the rear are from what bike, so I don't know which pieces I need off what year frame to get it back to a "5 Pack" versus 6 Pack. If I can't get the right pieces as a 5 Pack, I'll take the ones to make it a 6 Pack if it means riding and hunting the other pieces as they pop up.

Tell me if I'm right. To make it a 5 Pack, I need:
    1: 6 Pack chainstay?
    2: 6 Pack seatstay? (sometimes called a strut)
    3. 5 Spot rockers (off which year model I have no idea)

I've been rather naive the whole time and just sent what broke to Greg to check out and he said the pieces were all twisted. Any help would be appreciated. My email is bizutch@gmail.com or call me at 828-338-9125 if you guys can shoot me a line to let me know how to snag these pieces. Got a call in the Greg to maybe find out if I don't hear from you guys.

Slowrider, I don't know what 5.3's are. Here's a pic. Maybe you guys can tell me what pieces I have? It's a huge pic though http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5245/5...b312f511_o.jpg
    I am not a "Role Model"

Team Blindspot
    [QUOTE=emptybee123;10671269]OP, you may be in luck. If I'm not mistaken the CS that S-Works has is one that I sent to him on accident. I gave him a really good price on it.

If you are who I think you are, then yes, I have your old seat stay. I am trying to pay it forward.

I just looked at OP pic of his bike. The SS I have is TNT not HL. He can put a TNT rear on, but he needs one from a pre 07 RFX/pack.

Your 07 rear tri will not work with his version of RFX/6-pack. Different rockers and shock size. (Well I'm sure it would bolt up, but I have no idea what the geometry would be like)
    Astigmatic Visionary

jrm
    mtbr member
    I traded in my 08 spot about 3 months ago which had the complete 08 rear end with the 5.5 rockers. I also have the seat/chain stays and 5.3 rockers from a 06' if anyone's interested. Just PM me.
    Last edited by jrm; 09-13-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    Can you tell from my pic if that rocker is the same as the one off my bike?
    I am not a "Role Model"

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    I traded in my 08 spot about 3 months ago which had the complete 08 rear end with the 5.5 rockers. I also have the seat/chain stays and 5.3 rockers from a 06' if anyone's interested. Just PM me.
    His seat/chain stay and 5.3 rockers are what you want if you still want your 5 pack
    Astigmatic Visionary

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    Greg at Turner is a Demi-God dishing out morsels to the peasants who dwell under him! Rejoice!

A trade in came in Friday and my fall rides will be no less than epic.
    I am not a "Role Model"

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    OK, so got close enough if hand grenades. Greg had a 6 pack rocker instead of the 5.3" rocker, so I'm working with that for now. But I don't have a 6" fork, so my geometry is wonky.

Anyone have a 5.3 rocker? Greg said for my Horst Link model, it measures 8 3/4" eye to eye from shock mount to the back strut mount.

The 5.1 rocker measures 8.5" eye to eye and the 5.5 measures 9".

I need the 5.3 rocker to get back to a normal ride. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I am not a "Role Model"