Knollician

AZ (SOMO) ride with some new Turner friends!

Crash, JOD, and Dirty D and Darren got their first taste of South Mountain on our traditional post T-day ride.

Myself, Dirtbag, AZMountaincycler and the rest of our crew headed out for our epic coast to coast to coast National ride. We started at about 7:30am and finished about 4:00pm. The ride is about 26 miles with over 4000 feet of climbing on some nice techy terrain. This ride is all about being social, so we were in no hurry. It gave us time to hang with the the newest SOMO victims .

Dirtbag and I rotated playing tour guide. We showed the newb's the lines, warned them of potential disasters and watched them ride (or crash) through some of the more techy sections.

All in all, a great time was had by all (I hope). JOD is killer on her Spot and rode stuff some people in our crew won't even ride. Props to her for getting back at it. DD is a great rider, he fits right in with our group. Crash lived up to his name, (I'll let him explain if he'd like), but never quit. If he didn't make a section, he'd head back and try it again.

Unfortunately, we didn't get too many pics, but here is the GPS of the ride as well as our traditional San Juan group photo.

GPS
    FOTBC1
    Last edited by tiSS'er; 11-27-2006 at 11:43 AM.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

ISO Gems...
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Crash, JOD, and Dirty D and Darren got their first taste of South Mountain on our traditional post T-day ride.

Myself, Dirtbag, AZMountaincycler and the rest of our crew headed out for our epic coast to coast to coast National ride. We started at about 7:30am and finished about 4:00pm. The ride is about 26 miles with over 4000 feet of climbing on some nice techy terrain. This ride is all about being social, so we were in no hurry. It gave us time to hang with the the newest SOMO victims .

Dirtbag and I rotated playing tour guide. We showed the newb's the lines, warned them of potential disasters and watched them ride (or crash) through some of the more techy sections.

All in all, a great time was had by all (I hope). JOD is killer on her Spot and rode stuff some people in our crew won't even ride. Props to her for getting back at it. DD is a great rider, he fits right in with our group. Crash lived up to his name, (I'll let him explain if he'd like), but never quit. If he didn't make a section, he'd head back and try it again.

Unfortunately, we didn't get too many pics, but here is the GPS of the ride as well as our traditional San Juan group photo.

GPS
    FOTBC1

Really appreciate you and Dirtbag and the rest of your crew for showing us around. We'll have to get out there again real soon and hit Goatcamp next time as well. I had a blast riding the nice terrain that you guys have out there, and I'm already checking the calendar and working on scheduling another assault on AZ.

You have a great group of folks there - thanks again.

D

mr. wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D
    Really appreciate you and Dirtbag and the rest of your crew for showing us around. We'll have to get out there again real soon and hit Goatcamp next time as well. I had a blast riding the nice terrain that you guys have out there, and I'm already checking the calendar and working on scheduling another assault on AZ.

You have a great group of folks there - thanks again.

D
    Right On, had a blast, as usual! Great to ride with you guys; you're welcome to join us anytime. There is a LOT more ride too. Heck, we didn't even hit Dingleberry Bungwad's 'cheater line' around the switchback on Kiwanis

Knollician
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag
    Heck, we didn't even hit Dingleberry Bungwad's 'cheater line' around the switchback on Kiwanis

HAHAHHAHAHHHAHHHHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Crash lived up to his name, (I'll let him explain if he'd like), but never quit. If he didn't make a section, he'd head back and try it again.
    What?!? I thought if you ran out an endo it wasn't considered crashing. Especially if you do it three times on the same trail.

Big thanks to tiSS'er, dirtbag and the rest of the Boo Crew for showing me around SoMo. DirtyD and JOD it was great meeting you both. What a day. I'm definately coming back for more. I took the liberty to post your pics along with a few I snapped along the way. Thanks again guys. Hope to see you in the spring, and you're welcome any time here in St. George.

1. tiSS'er
    2. Dirtbag
    3. Dirtbag
    4. Group Photo
    5. Topo
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=tiSS'er] This ride is all about being social, so we were in no hurry.[QUOTE]

...as I choke on my dinner...If that ride was about being social and not being in a hurry, please remind me not to consider joining any "normal, everyday" rides at southmo. That was one trail that took more out of me than any other one in a long time! I gotta hand it to ya out there in AZ, if that's your normal stuff. I kept thinking to myself while pushing my bike, maybe after the 175th time of attempting some of that chunk that possibly I could pull a bit of it off, but it's quite humbling for a first timer. Your all were excellent, tallented riders. Impressive! I had a great time, and I'm sure we'll be back once I forget the pain. I wish I had some pictures to share, but I don't think I'd have taken many if I even had my camera with me. Thanks for hanging back, TiSSer and Dirtbag. You were cool! Hope to ride with you again soon.
    -JOD
    Bicycles have no walls.
    -Paul Cornish