lurker no more

New question here. ATTN: small Six Pack homers...question.

I saw Dr. Thunder's post and his clearnace woes with a 36 VAN on a medium pack, so has anyone out there ever put a FOX 36 TALAS on their small Pack and have the same clearnace issues with the downtube? If so, what did you do to correct it or did you just leave it well enough alone?

I don't want to go the dremel route though, I've got piss poor mechanical skills. If there are issues, I'll be asking for the CK crown race from Larry. Just looking to see if I need to order the crown race before building her up. Thanks!

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by oreo
    I saw Dr. Thunder's post and his clearnace woes with a 36 VAN on a medium pack, so has anyone out there ever put a FOX 36 TALAS on their small Pack and have the same clearnace issues with the downtube? If so, what did you do to correct it or did you just leave it well enough alone?

I don't want to go the dremel route though, I've got piss poor mechanical skills. If there are issues, I'll be asking for the CK crown race from Larry. Just looking to see if I need to order the crown race before building her up. Thanks!
    No clearance issue with mine small with 36 TALAS, CK headset, orig. crown race, 9 clicks out rebound.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    My Van36 would hit my small Packs down tube, never was a problem though and it would or could only cause any damage during a fall. During transporting I just stuffed a rag between the two clashing parts and called it finished.
    Pearl & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion