mtbr member
    Aug 2005

anyone from turner bikes online now ?? info needed about shipping charges??

Hi there,

Just wondering if there is anyone online currently from turner that i could have a chat with about shipping costs im being invoiced for from fed ex for the warranty rear end for my spot ??

just received a big bill from fed ex through the post??

Im sure its just a mix up as i wasn't told about it via email conversations??

cheers

steve

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I read this on another forum, you sound like a professional moaner.

Brand new rear end for a 2 year old bike you didn't buy from new, which you are also selling or have already sold, for a cost to you of 76?

Most people would be grateful.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    thanks for the reply.

i would have been quite happy to pay it if it was explained to me in the email conversation between myself and turner bikes.

its come as a bit of a shock ?

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by beyond rational View Post
    I read this on another forum, you sound like a professional moaner.

Brand new rear end for a 2 year old bike you didn't buy from new, which you are also selling or have already sold, for a cost to you of 76?

Most people would be grateful.
    The English are professional moaners.

Nothing new here, move on.
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey! Were not all professional moaners! I agree that this particular one is though.
    These guys are professional moaners
    All Blacks to Boycott next Rugby World Cup? | Kings of Commentary

Planet Rugby | Rugby Union Tournaments | Rugby World Cup | Lomu slams England's all-black kit

Whinging poms is a thing of the past, NZ are now kings of throwing teddy out of the pram!

Anyway. Anyone know what a new 142x12 rear will cost?
    I understand that they are backwards compatable with 2011 frames and DT said the he would make them Affordable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The inevitable, Renton no longer owns the bike this rear end was for. He sold it. See Singletrackworld for all the details.

So, the new owner gets a turner with the old, damaged rear and Renton gets a new rear end to sell.

Really feel the system has been abused here.
    Last edited by beyond rational; 10-30-2011 at 10:51 AM.

mtbr member
    It's a scuff mark ffs!

What a joke.

Large member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwirider View Post
    The English are professional moaners.

Nothing new here, move on.
    You finally win a couple of rugby matches and now you're Berty Big Bollocks, eh?

Shame that, as hard as you tried, the Frenchies just wouldn't let you choke....

Edit, to OP - not sure about the politics behind your bike but pretty much anything new shipped from the US attracts import duty and VAT. In theory, you should be able to get out of paying it if the sender will confirm to FedEx that it was a warranty replacement.

In this case though, perhaps suck it up in case karma comes back to bite you?

Ti is addictive
    The bill he got doesn't sound like its for shipping....Fed-Ex international tends to bill you for duties after you have recieved the package from them as well. It also looks like he bypassed dealing with the UK importer (could it have been cause they deemed it a scuff or not a warrantee issue????). He'll make his money back selling the part that he didn't need to begin with.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Large member
    Renton, I've just posted this on the STW forum but will you sell me the new swingarm for 76? I'll also pay your postage.

I'm in the UK and this is a serious offer. Seems like selling it for the amount you are out of pocket to a Turner rider is a good way to balance things.

Let me know (preferably on this board as I check it more often but on STW if you would prefer).

Cheers

TB
    Last edited by Tidybeard; 10-30-2011 at 11:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Straight up outing!!!! Feel the love, kids.
    Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Right fellas lets just get one thing straight, the new rear end was sorted out by turner before i decided the frame was to small for me and then i sold it on .not the other way round.

I was going to keep the frame, so posted a thread on the turner section of the mtbr forum explaining my predicament about the cranks catching.

Mr Turner himself said dont worry about damaging the frame and just ride it, i will organise you a new rear end.

After they had sorted it out i tried another set of cranks on it and realised there is nothing wrong with the rear end it was actually the narrow q factor of the cranks that was the problem.

so i bought a new set of deore cranks and fitted them and did a few good rides on it before i decided it was to small for me and sold it on, in the ad i placed a picture of the scuff mark on the sticker and the new owner is happy with it.

then the new rear end turns up and a week later im facing this bill of 76.

i didnt realise that i would get stung with charges for it at all, why should i? im no expert at this sort of thing?

after all the turner warranty threads ive read about them being excellent which in my case is true also as i agree with you all it is just a scratch, nothing major at all, turner were nice enough to offer to replace the rear end F.O.C.

I dint even know who was the turner importer in the uk which is why i posted on the mtbr forum in the first place and even then i wasnt expecting a reply from mr turner himself, i was just asking advice, a bit like i am now and yet you lot are turning this into a bit of a slagging session.

i know i was very lucky to get a free rear end for my bike from them , what i wasnt expecting was a bill from fed ex.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by renton View Post

After they had sorted it out i tried another set of cranks on it and realised there is nothing wrong with the rear end it was actually the narrow q factor of the cranks that was the problem.
    Did you contact Turner when you realized it was your problem and not a faulty rear end?

Large member
    Right fellas lets just get one thing straight, the new rear end was sorted out by turner before i decided the frame was to small for me and then i sold it on .not the other way round.

I was going to keep the frame, so posted a thread on the turner section of the mtbr forum explaining my predicament about the cranks catching.

Mr Turner himself said dont worry about damaging the frame and just ride it, i will organise you a new rear end.

so i bought a new set of deore cranks and fitted them and did a few good rides on it before i decided it was to small for me and sold it on, in the ad i placed a picture of the scuff mark on the sticker and the new owner is happy with it.

then the new rear end turns up and a week later im facing this bill of 76.

i didnt realise that i would get stung with charges for it at all, why should i? im no expert at this sort of thing?

after all the turner warranty threads ive read about them being excellent which in my case is true also as i agree with you all it is just a scratch, nothing major at all, turner were nice enough to offer to replace the rear end F.O.C.

I dint even know who was the turner importer in the uk which is why i posted on the mtbr forum in the first place and even then i wasnt expecting a reply from mr turner himself, i was just asking advice, a bit like i am now and yet you lot are turning this into a bit of a slagging session.

i know i was very lucky to get a free rear end for my bike from them , what i wasnt expecting was a bill from fed ex.
    Chaps, how about we give Mr Renton the benefit of the doubt?

A chunky unexpected invoice will always make me ask a couple of questions, and not everyone knows:

a) What a stand-up company Turner is
    b) The ins and outs of import duty and VAT

I know when I've bought some of your <s>shoddy US-made tat</s> high quality American goods in the past, I've been unpleasantly surprised to be hit with a bill after the event.

It's a UK government issue, not a Turner or Renton issue. I'm pretty sure that whatever happens next, Mr Renton will be doing the right thing

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks Tidybeard !!

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard View Post
    Chaps, how about we give Mr Renton the benefit of the doubt?

A chunky unexpected invoice will always make me ask a couple of questions, and not everyone knows:

a) What a stand-up company Turner is
    b) The ins and outs of import duty and VAT

I know when I've bought some of your <s>shoddy US-made tat</s> high quality American goods in the past, I've been unpleasantly surprised to be hit with a bill after the event.

It's a UK government issue, not a Turner or Renton issue. I'm pretty sure that whatever happens next, Mr Renton will be doing the right thing

If it's a UK thing then he should take it up with the Queen maybe she will personal write Renton a check for the duties. But to come on MTBR and piss and moan about something that's out of Turner's control is just asking for a kick in the conkers.

I sell a lot of my bits and pieces to the chaps in the UK and always take care of them because having lived in the UK......I know how they get bent over.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I guess I can see how this situation happened, but IMHO it's wrong to ask Turner for 76 if you intend to sell the part (which is worth more than that) anyway. It's also a warranty replacement which is now in the hands of someone without a warranty...wonder who it belongs to?

Let's hope the new owner of the frame doesn't fit XTR cranks and then ring up Turner demanding his new rear triangle.

As a bike owner, I'd happily pay 76 for a new rear end. Maybe that's why people don't mention it?

mtbr member
    Hi there,

Just wondering if there is anyone online currently from turner that i could have a chat with about shipping costs im being invoiced for from fed ex for the warranty rear end for my spot ??

just received a big bill from fed ex through the post??

Im sure its just a mix up as i wasn't told about it via email conversations??

cheers

steve
    Why did you decide to bring it up here on MTBR instead of contacting Turner via e-mail or phone?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by arne_and View Post
    Why did you decide to bring it up here on MTBR instead of contacting Turner via e-mail or phone?

I have sent Turner an email, normally there is someone from Turner lurking on the forums too.

regards

Steve

mtbr member
    Or using this thing called 'Google' to find the UK distributor (Silverfish). Took me two clicks and about 4 seconds to find it.

Perhaps his wife dresses him in the morning too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beyond rational View Post
    I guess I can see how this situation happened, but IMHO it's wrong to ask Turner for 76 if you intend to sell the part (which is worth more than that) anyway. It's also a warranty replacement which is now in the hands of someone without a warranty...wonder who it belongs to?

Let's hope the new owner of the frame doesn't fit XTR cranks and then ring up Turner demanding his new rear triangle.

As a bike owner, I'd happily pay 76 for a new rear end. Maybe that's why people don't mention it?
    The thing is i didnt intend to sell the bike, as soon as i took it out for its first ride i knew it was somthing special, i was unsure if it was the right size for me or not and it was only after doing a few rides that i realised it was to small for me and that i would have to sell it, this was after turner had sent out the rear end.

do you know how gutting it is to buy a bike you have been saving for for ages only to realise that its to small for you ..........

FWIW my wife doesnt dress me in the morning either.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbs_ View Post
    Or using this thing called 'Google' to find the UK distributor (Silverfish). Took me two clicks and about 4 seconds to find it.

Perhaps his wife dresses him in the morning too.

to be fair if i had looked i could of found out who the uk distributer was your right, however after speaking to another turner owner he recommended posting on here as the guys from Turner are normally on here and he had ha a bad experience with silverfish in the past.

my wife doesnt dress me in the morning either, not sure what relevance that has here thanks

mtbr member
    You're lucky as a UK rider to get to deal with Turner direct.

Trust me; dealing with silverfish - it is worth the 76.

mtbr member
    I have sent Turner an email, normally there is someone from Turner lurking on the forums too.

regards

Steve
    I think the forum would be quite messed up if everyone used it for all CS requests. Patience is a virtue. Posting here immediately is not.

mtbr member
    So has this warranty replacement free-of-charge-rear-end-with-76-import-duties now been passed on at cost to the guy who bought the frame, and who by now should justifiably have benefitted from Turner's warranty/goodwill?

mtbr member
    renton: just to try to offer some helpful advice, if this bill is for import duties I think you can avoid paying that if Turner supplies a pro forma invoice which specifies that this is a warranty replacement that you are not paying for. Check the invoice on the parcel, if is already specifies that then just contact Fed Ex and explain them that they have messed up. If it does not specifies this then ask Turner to provide it, then talk to Fed Ex.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    had a reply from fed ex..........

Good Morning,

Thanks for your query below, if this is warranty replacement then unfortunately the VAT is still applicable and you will have to contact Customs to obtain a refund on the broken item.

Sorry for any inconvenience, however this is a Customs regulation.

Regards

Ryan Hancock

any ideas?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You've been offered 76 for the rear end from tidybeard. Pay up and take the deal. What else are you going to do with it? Selling at a profit is seriously taking the piss out of turners good will.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    im sorry but who has said anything about selling it at a profit??

MW
    mtbr member
    any ideas?
    Sounds like FedEx addressed your next step, as follows:

you will have to contact Customs to obtain a refund
    Good luck.

So what will you do with the new rear triangle now that you've sold the frame?

--Matt
    Last edited by MW; 11-01-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Large member
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

So what will you do with the new rear triangle now that you've sold the frame?

--Matt
    Hopefully sell it to me. I have a cunning plan for it.

Renton, the offer is still open....

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Nobody but you don't seem to have committed to tidybeards offer and I can't think of any other use you'd have for it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    as i explained to tidybeard by pm ive emailed turner to see what they want to do andnot heard back yet.

mtbr member

Renton, the offer is still open....
    You're going to put a tail on it and call it a weasel?

PS I have sent all kinds of new cr@p back home to England and never been collared for duty.

MW
    mtbr member
    I really hope this sale goes through so we can all watch your cunning plan unfold.

Okay, that sounded way less sincere than I'd meant.

--Matt

Large member
    It appears that I may be purchasing the item from Mr Renton. Watch this space for wondrous things....

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I don't think it will fit your RFX Tidy.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

Large member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    I don't think it will fit your RFX Tidy.
    What???!! I thought every Turner part fits every Turner bike?

You mean Tscheezy isn't a magician, just some sort of slight-of-hand conman?

I really need to pick my gods with a bit more thought

Large member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    I have sent all kinds of new cr@p back home to England and never been collared for duty.
    Specialist porn, Ipswich Town shirts and tractor fuel don't qualify for import duty.

MW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard
    Watch this space for wondrous things....
    Tidy, remind us what's in your stable these days? Besides the sheep. --Matt

Large member
    Just the RFX.

However, I have been building a rocket to take tourists to Mars. The only piece I needed was the exact size, shape and weight of a Spot rear triangle. Whoda thunk it?