mtbr member

Anyone riding FSA XC-300?

Do any of you have experience riding these wheels on your Turner? How does the engagement feel? Are they responsive?

Please, any feedback is appreciated,

Thanks - ZR
    Sit and spin my ass...

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    My demo Flux came with the XC-300 wheels. They're great wheels. Reasonably light for the cost, well built, stiff. Engagement is not anything outstanding. Comparable to Shimano. The tradeoffs are that with the reduced spoke count, the rims are a little more burly than a traditional 32h rim. If you check the wheel forum, there are some old threads commenting on them. My experience has been good. I only replaced them because I wanted something a little lighter and a higher spoke count. So I'm running Laserdisc Lite hubs, Velocity rims, butted spokes, and alloy nipples.

Mexican e-rider
    I agree with 2T, they are relatively light, the hubs are very decent and so far they have stayed true on my flux. Good value for the money
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

thats right living legend
    I ran them on my "non-Turner" for over a year and never touched them, and only ever broke two spokes "prob only because I never touched them". I diddn't realy do XC on them more AM, and I'm 180lb's. Thier "fairly stiff for a 24 spoke wheel.

In my exp thier a nice affordable lite worry free wheelset.

Also I've seen pics of them on the demo Flux, and demo FXR 2:1, so hey.

mtbr member

So here is what I am down to...

vxc + laser disc lites

Dt 4.1 + hope pro II

xc-300 FSA

vxc + pro II hope

These are going on the orange flux.

I can get the xc-300 for very cheap, but shoulod I go for the Bling or stay humble? Should I wait for the vxc's + ck iso? What to do what to do. Mike Garcia said he would build me vxc's + hope pro II + super comp spokes for $480. Tempting......

Ah.. The other dilema is 2007 x-9 drive train or XO??????????????????????????/
    Sit and spin my ass...

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Zion Rasta
    vxc + laser disc lites

Dt 4.1 + hope pro II

xc-300 FSA

vxc + pro II hope

These are going on the orange flux.

I can get the xc-300 for very cheap, but shoulod I go for the Bling or stay humble? Should I wait for the vxc's + ck iso? What to do what to do. Mike Garcia said he would build me vxc's + hope pro II + super comp spokes for $480. Tempting......

Ah.. The other dilema is 2007 x-9 drive train or XO??????????????????????????/
    IMO - go with 2007 X9 and with the money saved put it towards a better wheelset - the vxc's, hope pro2's and supercomps sound good

mtbr member
    May 2006
    My vote is for the Dt 4.1 + hope pro II. I just had Dave with Redstone Cyclery build me a set of XC wheels for my Flux. I went Mavic 717 + Hope Pro II's and love them!!! The DT 4.1's are sweet rims and super tough.

I almost when FSA XC300 but I got custom built wheels for nearly the same price. Plus, the low spoke count and unknown hub reliability made me nervous despite the numerous rave reviews.

I would agree with Freak (above) The 2007 X9 looks really good and doesnt seem to give up much to the XO. Go that route and put the difference to a hand-built wheelset.

Ive had the FSA wheels for a year and have about 900 miles on them. They have been trouble free, but unless you get a really great deal on them a set of wheels built from the likes of Mike Garcia, Chad at RedBarn or Larry will most likely just as strong, lighter and the hubs (whether you go ProII or Kings) will have better engagement. All in all I like this wheelset but would not mind a bit faster engagement.

Cheers