mtbr member

Anyone Ridden The 5 Spot & Trek remedy?

Obviously I'm expecting a lot of Turner love in here but be interested to hear of any comparisons you can give me. I've currently got a 2010 Trek Remedy but always had a soft spot for Turners and DW Link (I owned an Iron Horse 3 years ago), while I love the Remedy I can't help think that a deal like this wont come up very often! I can't get a demo quickly or easily and I would imagine these frames will shift fast so need some thoughts.

Has anyone spend time on both the Remedy and the DW Link 5 Spot, great feedback on each of them individually and I have 2 years experience with the Remedy which I like. Really interested to hear someone who has tried both though, how do they compare? I like the geometry of the Trek and using some custom headset mods I can get the head angle of the 2010 5 Spot similar to the Remedy, looking through reviews I'd expect the Remedy to have the edge on the downs due to it's more relaxed geometry and slightly longer travel (though this is now negligible on the newer 150mm models) but the Turner to be the better climber. What are your experiences?
    Last edited by Tenacious Doug; 05-22-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Both are good bikes. Similar geometry. Both climb and descends well. Depends on your component selection. Can't go wrong with either. If you are going to go with Spot, go with 2011 version which has 44mm headtube that allows more selections with headsets including Angleset. I would personally would keep the Remedy and spend your money on other things like a trip to Whistler, etc.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy
    Both are good bikes. Similar geometry. Both climb and descends well. Depends on your component selection. Can't go wrong with either. If you are going to go with Spot, go with 2011 version which has 44mm headtube that allows more selections with headsets including Angleset. I would personally would keep the Remedy and spend your money on other things like a trip to Whistler, etc.
    I HAve ridden both. Rode a Trek remedy while waiting for my 10 spot and also rode an elssworth epipihany. The remedy was much better than the epiphany.
    The remedy is a poppier bike than the spot and it is a great bike indeed but I would never change it for my spot.. it just rides better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Doug
    Obviously I'm expecting a lot of Turner love in here but be interested to hear of any comparisons you can give me. I've currently got a 2010 Trek Remedy but always had a soft spot for Turners and DW Link (I owned an Iron Horse 3 years ago), while I love the Remedy I can't help think that a deal like this wont come up very often! I can't get a demo quickly or easily and I would imagine these frames will shift fast so need some thoughts.

Has anyone spend time on both the Remedy and the DW Link 5 Spot, great feedback on each of them individually and I have 2 years experience with the Remedy which I like. Really interested to hear someone who has tried both though, how do they compare? I like the geometry of the Trek and using some custom headset mods I can get the head angle of the 2010 5 Spot similar to the Remedy, looking through reviews I'd expect the Remedy to have the edge on the downs due to it's more relaxed geometry and slightly longer travel (though this is now negligible on the newer 150mm models) but the Turner to be the better climber. What are your experiences?
    Wow, the price just went from $1400 to $2200. Not that great of a deal anymore. I wonder if the first listing was a mistake.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Wow, the price just went from $1400 to $2200. Not that great of a deal anymore. I wonder if the first listing was a mistake.

I was looking @ purchasing a set of platform pedals and the same day the price went up 40% - must have haid some pricing errors ???