mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Anyone have a high volume air sleeve..

Does anyone have a high volume air sleeve on there DHX Air that they would want to trade for a smaller float/rp3 size sleeve?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Thanks everyone!

banned
    From what I hear, sleeves don't cost that much from Fox.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    very imformative.. they dont sell them!

banned
    Sure? It was mentioned somewhere else that someone got one.

Sorry, I'll make my best efforts not to help you from now on. Might I also refer you to a certain poster on the 29er board? You and him might have a lot in common.

Do It Yourself

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by ayce
    Thanks everyone!

You're welcome!
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Sure? It was mentioned somewhere else that someone got one.

Sorry, I'll make my best efforts not to help you from now on. Might I also refer you to a certain poster on the 29er board? You and him might have a lot in common.

it was a simple question JO chicken

banned
    Well, it's not like that was an original pun on my pun screen name. Try harder to be more original.

Lay off the Levers
    Okay kids settle down, sometimes this stuff sounds like Steve3 made his way back to MTBR.

Since no one has spoken up, I guess everyone's holding on to their larger sleeves. Try again later. Meanwhile, Give Fox a call. Call them at least twice b/c consistancy of information is not their strong point.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

banned
    The price I heard was $35.

But as far as consistent info, I'm totally with you. I was calling on bushings and reducers once and got completely different info depending on who I spoke to. Still can't figure that one out.

Edit:
    Link
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    ...FYI, I just ordered up an air sleeve (RP3) to try this out & cost is $35 from Fox direct. CS from Fox leaves MUCH to be desired, however
    That indicates they sell them if jnc is a credible poster. I could imagine DHX sleeves being more expensive, but at least there's a ball park now.
    Last edited by Jerk_Chicken; 03-26-2006 at 08:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Okay kids settle down, sometimes this stuff sounds like Steve3 made his way back to MTBR.

Since no one has spoken up, I guess everyone's holding on to their larger sleeves. Try again later. Meanwhile, Give Fox a call. Call them at least twice b/c consistancy of information is not their strong point.
    I spoke with Fox about 4 times this past week - "they" claim that they are not availiable after market - it almost seems like fox just puts on what ever they have left - I know that the manufacturer specs the shock & is probably not the case - but when ya see one bike with the larger & another with the smaller & both bikes are from the same company & VERY new - ya kinda question the consistency or lack of from fox - then i saw a post from hammerhead that says he can get them for about 30$ - I am still waiting for a response - I tried push as well maybe thinking that they may have some pull as well - i cant believe how hard it is to get something like this! I figured i would try the Turner forum as tschezzy mentioned that some people may think the smaller sleeve would be an upgrade to the larger, so i figured i would ask - after of course i tried to get a straight answer from fox