It's carbon dontcha know.

Anyone bent a new style hanger?

The shifting on my DHR doesn't want to play nice. Even with zero tension on the cable when I tighten the rear derailleur, by the time I get towards the top of the cassette the chain is trying to skup up to the last couple of bigger cogs.

Pulled out my Park hanger alignment tool and discovered it won't work with the new style Turner hangers, it's too bulky to tighten against the hanger.

The derailleur doesn't look bent or bashed up, I don't have another short cage I can try though.

The new hangers look too damn tough to bend, I guess I should take the one off my Burner and try that...
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    I've bent one on my 2012 Spot at DuPont St. Park NC. Hit a root on a drop and landed with all my weight on the hanger. One of the fellas at The Hub bike shop used my DT Swiss thru axle to straighten it...it worked...then he broke the tip of the thru axle. Thank God it was a week day and the guys at Turner over-nighted me a new thru axe. In the mech's defense he was doing me a solid and "southern engineered" my Spot so I could still ride until the spare parts came in.

Cheers,
    "I Like the Cut of His Jib"

mtbr member
    Hmm, I've had trouble with the rear thru-axle loosening on me. I think the handle gets bumped when I slide it in and out of my pickup. That'll make your shifting wonky as you describe. Just one more thing to check.
    First ride on my Burner I got a stick caught in my chain-trashed the rear derailer but did not damage the hanger. D'oh! It was just a used X-9 from my old bike so not a huge loss...