Well Biked
    Jun 2005

Any San Diego 6 Pack/RFX owners?

I'd like to check out a fellow homer's 6 Pack in a size large just to see how it fits and feels on the street. I have been checking out a few bigger bikes the last few weeks including a Nomad, 6.6 and VPX. but never got any time on a Pack. Thanks.

mtbr member

rfx

i have an 02 rfx but not the size your looking for. you can check out beyond bikes they have turners to demo. their cool most of the time when you go in person but i've heard otherwise when buying anything online.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Yes, may have to pay them a visit. I can't recommend them at all for on-line ordering.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Free demo day on Saturday 6/3 at Lake Hodges

Beyond Bikes is having a free demo day Saturday 6/3 at Lake Hodges. The demo bikes will be Turner, Ellsworth, Intense and Foes. Not sure on the time but I think it will be from 9-3.

It's a good way to check out a few bikes. On the last demo day they let riders take bikes out for ~20 minutes at a time. Bring your own pedals.

mtbr member
    One of the guys I ride with has a 'Pack, though I'm not sure if it is a Large or XL. He's out of town until the weekend of the demo, so that would be the quickest way. If you miss that, let me know, I'm sure he'd let you take it for a spin on one of our rides - Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at Mission trails, PQ Canyon, Elfin or Hodges, depending on where everyone's day ends...

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for the tips on Demo day! I am definately going to try and make that. Sound, like the perfect time to do a RFX/6.6 back to back on real dirt.

Even though I am sour on their mail order service, the store does put on some real nice events.