mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Any one used a RS rear shock on their bikes?

Hi everyone, since they are no reviews on mtbr.com. I decided to post. Has anyone used a RS rear shock? Are they as good as their forks? Are they better than FOX in performance and realibility? In all, if you used 1, would you continue to use it or switch back to FOX?

Thanks a million
    Ven

No, that's not phonetic
    Yes, someone has one here on their 5-Spot. Do a search of this board (search for "pearl" I think). The results were not exactly "wow." There are very few in circulation right now. Another I know of has had major issues. Would not hold air, returned to RS, came back without the elastomer negative spring. Oops. I'd find a board where they come stock on bikes for feedback. Cannondale?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Yes, someone has one here on their 5-Spot. Do a search of this board (search for "pearl" I think). The results were not exactly "wow."
    You are probably thinking of "S-Works" but I think he's back to the DHX-Air after not being able to get full travel and not being blown away with the feel.

I've been kind of interested in them, but obviously will wait till they get a bit more sorted out.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    You are probably thinking of "S-Works" but I think he's back to the DHX-Air after not being able to get full travel and not being blown away with the feel.

I've been kind of interested in them, but obviously will wait till they get a bit more sorted out.
    Yes, I had a Pearl briefly. It was OK, not great, not bad. The problem was not getting full travel with ridiculously low pressure, plus it did not extend to 7.5 i2i. But I've since learned that this was due to the wrong negative bushing. The rebound and motion control had alot of adjustability. I will probably get another one at some point, but for now I'll have to suffer through with Darren's DHX air on my spot.

Larry, being the king of CS, allowed me to return it and I got a Revelation. Which, I'm still playing with, but like alot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Astigmatic Visionary