mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Any 6'3+ riders on large Sultan

Hey fellers,

Any of you tall dogs 6'3" and up on sultans....Ive got a great line on a large tnt but im 6'4 and seem to be between sizes....I always run xt 180's and I could run a longer stem and Im sure it would fit but I want to see if any of you all have done that. And if so post a pic so I can seen how it looks...

thanks

It's carbon dontcha know.
    You'd want XL fo' sho'.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    XL would be ideal, but the old Sultan is a bit longer in the TT department than the new DW version, so if you're all legs and short of torso, it MIGHT work.

I'm 6'2" with short legs and long torso, and miss the longer top tube of the old XL Sultan a bit.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Competitive Cyclist has a '09 XL Sultan on sale. Color is raw.......

Big Wheel Homer !!
    I'm 6'3" and had a large TNT Sultan. Had to use a 400 seatpost with quite a bit exposed but did not have any issues. Having always tried to keep my TT lengths between 24.75 and 25" the XL TNT Sultan at 25.5 scared me not being able to try first, so I ordered a large. I now have a XL DW Sultan and the fit is perfect.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Go with what everyone else said

no smaller than a XL @ 6'4",

Though this is coming from somone who rides a XXL being the same height as you

ps: goto competitive cyclist and follow their fit forumla. It is a great tool for sizing.
    High Ho Sultan, Lets GO

29 some of the time...
    cruzthepug and I are the same height, he is a bit more leggy where I have a long torso. In the end our bikes usually have almost identical cockpits. Here is a picture of his L and my XL. link to a bigger/expandable version of the photo

In order for the L to work it has a lot of post showing, rear offset to the saddle, and a longer stem. In contrast my XL got the same feel with a straight post and a 90mm stem. I think the large with shorter wheelbase was a bit more nimble on the switchbacks IIRC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any 6'3+ riders on large Sultan-sultans-dscn7916.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.