trail "cleaner"

any 5' 10" riders on a large '08 Sultan?

Anyone around 5 feet 10 in. with a 32 inch inseam riding a large sized Sultan? I'm looking for a 2nd Sultan and having a difficult time finding a '08 Sultan in a medium size...
    No dabs allowed!

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I'm 5'10" and would recommend going to a large Sultan. On my TNT Sultan (an '07, but the geometry is the same IIRC), I was running a 100mm stem and a 400mm post. The bike fit OK like that, but was not really the ideal fit. On my DWL Sultan, I went to a large with an 80mm stem and a lot less exposed seatpost. I have some issues with the taller head tube putting the bars higher than I'd like, but I'm going to put a flat bar on to address that. Other than that, I'm happy with the fit.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Im riding a large and am 5' 10 3/4" with a 33" inseam....Ive ended up riding with a 50mm stem.. I had the medium in the 05 Spot and it was too small. I would try and demo both because you are right on the cusp...good luck...its a bummer being a tweener!

mtbr member
    I'm 5"11 with a 34" inseam. I had a 07 large and now have an 08 medium. I was never comfortable on the large. I feel at home on the medium.

My advice is to buy a frame with the same length top tube as your 26er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler
    Anyone around 5 feet 10 in. with a 32 inch inseam riding a large sized Sultan? I'm looking for a 2nd Sultan and having a difficult time finding a '08 Sultan in a medium size...

You had a Sultan at one time right? I'm 6 feet with a 33 inch inseam and the large Sultan is a perfect fit for me with a 60mm (or 65mm?) stem. You're welcome to take mine for a spin and see what ya think.

trail "cleaner"

a little more clarification..

I currently own a '08 medium Sultan and looking to add another to build up a little more AM'ish. The cockpit setup on my medium is a Thomson setback seatpost and a Thomson 100mm stem. I was thinking that I could do a large frame with a standard Thomson seatpost and something along a 70-80mm stem. Hope this clarifies a bit. thanks
    No dabs allowed!

Bodhisattva
    5'9" 33" bike inseam (32" pant inseam).

I ride a medium with a 90mm stem
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have a 31.5" inseam and ride a med. 08 Sultan with a 100mm stem. It fits me great and happens to be for sale. Less than 200 miles on it and it looks practically new.

trail "cleaner"

yep, I saw it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Klett
    I have a 31.5" inseam and ride a med. 08 Sultan with a 100mm stem. It fits me great and happens to be for sale. Less than 200 miles on it and it looks practically new.
    I don't need a full bike though. Just a frame. Now, if you are willing to part it out... that's another story
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    AZ... check your PM.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'10" 32" inseam and been riding the same old L 5 spot since 2003 with a 90mm stem.

I can't stop drooling over making the switch to a new DW Sultan V2.