~~~~~~~~

another interesting one of a kind Turner.

How's this ebayer.
    Note the seat tube pivot, this is not a five spot.

Brand new Turner Burner Mountaincross Race Bike. The frame is an exact replica of the frame Eric Carter won the World Cup title on last year complete with the custom extended travel 5 rockerarms. This bike was hand-built, one part at a time, to be the best possible race bike for mountaincross.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    looks like an XCE, but the HA looks way to slack for Mountain X.

E

Lay off the Levers
    The rocker pivot is behind the seat tube like the XCE and the rockers look a lot like the XCE rockers too. If you didn't tell me it was a custom mountain cross bike, I would have assumed it was a very small XCE.

Whatever it is...it looks like it could blaze
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    The rocker pivot is behind the seat tube like the XCE and the rockers look a lot like the XCE rockers too. If you didn't tell me it was a custom mountain cross bike, I would have assumed it was a very small XCE.

Whatever it is...it looks like it could blaze
    Actually, the XCE was avalable in 15" wich was wery small, and designed arond a 4" fork.

I would like to hear somthing official about this bike.

E

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

you can totally make a little fun bike............

like that by getting a small 5-spot and throwing a chainguide on it,it's got a 69 degree headangle and a small with a 5" travel fork would kicka$$.it would be kinda' like the bike
    E.Carter used before he got hurt

e-dawg

Still chuggin' along
    Here's a 15" XCE for comparison. The fork has 120mm travel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by kpicha
    Here's a 15" XCE for comparison. The fork has 120mm travel.
    Thanks Kpicha!

Looking at them side by side, I can't see much difference. If anything the camera angle seems to make your rockers look longer.

I don't know how they streched five inches out of that bike. Perhaps it has longer seat stays and chain stays to keep the rear wheel from hitting the seat tube? The angle between the stays at the axle looks a little smaller which could be consistent with longer stays...I guess. But in general, the angles look the same all over, but again, maybe it's the camera angle. I'm not doubting what this is, I'm just saying the picture sure looks like an XCE.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Thanks Kpicha!

Looking at them side by side, I can't see much difference. If anything the camera angle seems to make your rockers look longer.

I don't know how they streched five inches out of that bike. Perhaps it has longer seat stays and chain stays to keep the rear wheel from hitting the seat tube? The angle between the stays at the axle looks a little smaller which could be consistent with longer stays...I guess. But in general, the angles look the same all over, but again, maybe it's the camera angle. I'm not doubting what this is, I'm just saying the picture sure looks like an XCE.

I think it looks like a stock XCE with stock rockers and a 1.5 Romic that gives around 3" of travel.

Still chuggin' along
    Quote Originally Posted by Espen
    I think it looks like a stock XCE with stock rockers and a 1.5 Romic that gives around 3" of travel.
    The silver one has stock Romic rockers, if that's what you're referring to. Otherwise, forget I said anything

~~~~~~~~
    one of these days I'll have to put the RFX five inch rockers on the Burner and see what happens. Our Burner has also been ridden with the Talas set at 125 travel which was nice.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    one of these days I'll have to put the RFX five inch rockers on the Burner and see what happens. Our Burner has also been ridden with the Talas set at 125 travel which was nice.
    Since the Burner has the rocker pivot behind the seat tube, would the rocker pivot to shock pivot holes be different? Could it contact the bottom top tube at full extension? Then there's always the wheel hitting the seat tube... and the shock length and stroke differences... Be sure to post pictures if you try this, especially post ride shots.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpicha
    The silver one has stock Romic rockers, if that's what you're referring to. Otherwise, forget I said anything

There are two different rockers to the XCE. Long rockers that gives 4" on a 1.5 shock and shorter ones that gives 4" with a 1.75 shock.

E

Still chuggin' along
    There are two different rockers to the XCE. Long rockers that gives 4" on a 1.5 shock and shorter ones that gives 4" with a 1.75 shock.

E
    Yep, I've got the longer rockers with the 1.5 stroke shock. For some reason I was thinking the Vanilla shock was giving 3.75" I guess I got the .75s mixed up

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Actually, the XCE was avalable in 15" wich was wery small, and designed arond a 4" fork.

I would like to hear somthing official about this bike.

E
    It's on e-bay. Perhaps you can get the info you want from the seller. Not official word per-se, but I'd bet the owner knows the history behind it if it is a one-off.

mtbr member
    That bike is a regular XCE with a shock on it that makes it "squat".
    I think I remember them telling me that it only got 3 inches of travel,
    and it slackens out a regular XCE.
    It would be sweet for slalom no doubt.
    SEI Racing

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy R
    I think I remember them telling me that it only got 3 inches of travel,
    and it slackens out a regular XCE.
    Looks like it didn't sell, and now it's back but it lost an inch of travel.

mtbr member

Carter's Turner-***-Mongoose DS bike...

...was in MBA a while back. The blurb read something about a "...model no longer in production by Turner (i.e. XCE) that is intended to be used for a season at a time..."

I know that Romic doesn't advise taking leverage past 3:1 so I see the highside for travel being 4.5" with that shock. Then again, its a "works" race bike so I'm sure they can/will do whatever they want with it.

Sean
    Professional Amateur. Disagree? Submit your grievances here.