Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I've got a Stiffee

Another addition to the family, a 3rd Turner is born

I sold my 575 and a screaming deal on a new '06 large ano black Spot w/HL rear end fell into my lap and I couldn't turn it down. I got it with the DHX coil since my Pack had the air and I wanted to put the coil on the Pack. It worked out perfectly, the Spot feels probably just as plush if not more plush than the Pack did with the DHX air on it.....and now the Pack feels WAY better with the coil than it did with the air (confused yet?). The Spot weighed in @ 29.98lbs. Anway, here are a few pics of the Spot and a few of the family and the proud father Guess I should sell the AS-X and get a Highline now

mtbr member

nice line up!

Nice line up Rob. The bikes look great. The hardest part must be choosing which one to ride on any given day. That 5spot has me wanting one. Did you buy it new or used? I like your set up on it.

A Highline is definatley in order to complete the Family.

Silence and Thunder...
    How come they're all so clean??
    ...every day sends future to past...

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    Nice line up Rob. The bikes look great. The hardest part must be choosing which one to ride on any given day. That 5spot has me wanting one. Did you buy it new or used? I like your set up on it.

A Highline is definatley in order to complete the Family.
    Thanks, I got the Spot brand new. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I were you, it is probably the best bike I've ridden in its category/weight range....it feels incredible.

The bikes are far enough apart in weight that choosing the right one for each ride usually isn't too difficult, but sometimes it can be a tough choice

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop
    How come they're all so clean??
    LOL, I'm always known for having the cleanest bikes. I actually rode the Pack a couple hours before I took those pics....but the dirt here is nice and packed down from the recent rain.

No, that's not phonetic
    Man, nice stable.

Once you have tasted the Kool-aide, nothing else will quite do.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Team Sanchez
    Now if we can get Aquaholic to take some tips from you on how to groom his hair, all will be well. Nice rides BTW.

mtbr member

question?

Rob,
    How big a difference can you feel between the 5 spot and 6 pack. I have a 6 pack built up as my one bike right now. i would love to go 5 spot and a 7" bike (highline, 7point, dirtbag...), but can not justify the $$ right now. If I built the 6 pack up on the burly side and the 5 on the trail side, do you think there would be a big enogh difference? I ride down here in So. Cal. as well, so I ride similar trails to you. thanks for an comments.
    TG

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    Rob,
    How big a difference can you feel between the 5 spot and 6 pack. I have a 6 pack built up as my one bike right now. i would love to go 5 spot and a 7" bike (highline, 7point, dirtbag...), but can not justify the $$ right now. If I built the 6 pack up on the burly side and the 5 on the trail side, do you think there would be a big enogh difference? I ride down here in So. Cal. as well, so I ride similar trails to you. thanks for an comments.
    TG
    That's a tough question, especially since yesterday was my 1st ride on the Spot. There is a 3lb difference between my Spot and the Pack now, so obviously the Spot is easier to climb with. I was really impressed with the Spot on yesterday's ride (Maple Springs to Motorway). It felt a lot more plush than I imagined going downhill, in fact I think it felt even more plush than the Pack did with the DHX air in most instances. I'm not really too much into hucking at this point and don't do anything over 4-5ft. I do think if you built up a light Spot (sub 30lbs) and then beefed up your Pack you could justify doing that. The Pack is sweet and even though mine weighs 32.9lbs it is still almost everything my 37lb AS-X is. I don't know your style of riding and wether you are into hucking/jumping a lot but if that isn't your thing too much then I'd say go for the Spot and keep your Pack....otherwise I think a Highline and a Spot would make more sense. The Spot certainly can handle pretty much all of the trails around so cal if you have a tall 5" or 6" fork on it. The Pack does it all well also but obviously the longer climbing rides in the Santa Anas will slow you down a bit. It all just depends on your riding style, but for me the Pack is plenty of bike and I'll probably end up selling my AS-X now that the Big Bear downhill runs are closed.

Lay off the Levers
    Sweet trio. Some people drink the KoolAid, some chug it.
    Man you have some killer parts!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Damn dude, your not drinking the koolaid, your swimming in it Nice bikes for sure but I think it's time to change your handle. I really enjoy riding my buddy's Spot cause it's like an XC bike with more squish and it climbs techy stuff better than my Burner I think.

I'm thinking I might try the new FXR design, the RFX is very close but for some reason the FXR keeps calling my name, it's getting some good reviews so far but I need to test ride one out in Moab first.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Now if we can get Aquaholic to take some tips from you on how to groom his hair, all will be well. Nice rides BTW.

Don't you mean J.T.?
    Astigmatic Visionary

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Damn dude, your not drinking the koolaid, your swimming in it Nice bikes for sure but I think it's time to change your handle. I really enjoy riding my buddy's Spot cause it's like an XC bike with more squish and it climbs techy stuff better than my Burner I think.

I'm thinking I might try the new FXR design, the RFX is very close but for some reason the FXR keeps calling my name, it's getting some good reviews so far but I need to test ride one out in Moab first.

I have thought about changing my handle, we'll see. I just don't really have much desire to try a single pivot bike again like the FXR. Although it was a great bike and the new design is probably even better I think I've seen the light with the Turners

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    I have thought about changing my handle, we'll see. I just don't really have much desire to try a single pivot bike again like the FXR. Although it was a great bike and the new design is probably even better I think I've seen the light with the Turners
    In keeping with this forum how about 3TurnersNotEnough as a new handle?

mtbr member

FXRob=RFXrob
    Pearl & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde S Dale
    In keeping with this forum how about 3TurnersNotEnough as a new handle?
    Haha, the thought has crossed my mind....believe me

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    FXRob=RFXrob
    Haha, why didn't I think of that? I like it! Now who do I see about changing it

rr
    I don't do PC
    OK, I'll play, how bout

RobFX (close to current handle too!)
    Homerob
    RoburneRFX
    Robjob
    Ilikekoolaid

Baked Alaskan
    Three turners are definitely not enough! Sweet rides! And in keeping with classic Turner poseur status they're all nice and shiny and leaning up against something. You have all the bases covered, from weenie XC to 12' to flat with Team Sanchez.

The Burner looks like the stepchild in the family with no bling - perhaps you should put some faux carbon tape on it to make it a true weight weenie Turner.

The sarcasm is just jealousy since my rides are currently just a pile of parts - for now...
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

I've got a Stiffee
    OK, I'll play, how bout

RobFX (close to current handle too!)
    Homerob
    RoburneRFX
    Robjob
    Ilikekoolaid
    Took me a second to get RoburneRFX, but that is creative. Robjob is definately out, lol! HomerRob is an option also.......keep em coming everybody I will loose my Foes handle sooner than later!

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    Three turners are definitely not enough! Sweet rides! And in keeping with classic Turner poseur status they're all nice and shiny and leaning up against something. You have all the bases covered, from weenie XC to 12' to flat with Team Sanchez.

The Burner looks like the stepchild in the family with no bling - perhaps you should put some faux carbon tape on it to make it a true weight weenie Turner.
    Not enough bling on the Burner You mean Push'd front and rear isn't bling? Maybe I can spray paint my wheels gold, hehe. Well you'll be happy to know that the Spot will be getting some more gold parts, Larry is sending me some gold levers and reservoir caps But no more I-9 gold wheels though, with the Turners I'm broke now

rr
    I don't do PC
    You could change your handle phrase from "I've got a Stiffee" to "I like Bush.....ings"

I've got a Stiffee
    You could change your handle phrase from "I've got a Stiffee" to "I like Bush.....ings"
    HAHA, I have that phrase because I have a Cove Stiffee frame that I should probably sell.
    My buddy suggested TURNERob as a handle, kind of like that.

Baked Alaskan
    Not enough bling on the Burner You mean Push'd front and rear isn't bling? Maybe I can spray paint my wheels gold, hehe.
    I'm strictly referring to [SIZE="5"]GOLD[/SIZE] when I talk bling my man. The spray paint would be a nice touch...

I'll cast a vote for the name change, I think you should seriously reconsider RobJob.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

PSI
    I want that one
    wow. wow. and wow. you lucky boy.
    my if-i-won-the-lotto setup is nitrous/spot/highline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast