mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Anodized Turners ?

Took a closer look at a friend's Turner today. It was one of the first TNT's (2006 I think) but I think I recognized an anodized finish. It was not the 2004 type anodize, but a smooth finish, like Titus does. It looked great after such a long time. Did Turner actually anodize frames in 2006, and if so , why did they stop ? Seems this finish is more durable than PC.

Weapon of Choice
    I have the black ano finish on my 06 Turner and the finish has held up great so far.

Super Unknown

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Interesting. What color is the ano on his bike? I thought they had already discontinued the ano at that time?

TLL
    mtbr member
    2006 was the last year Turner anodized frames. I had a black ano 06 Flux.

Evidently the ano process was turning frames to swiss cheese.

From the Turner Timeline: "2007--More late season production woes as the anno proccess literally eats frames causing huge delivery delays for the '07's. Anno is scrapped for powdercoat and frames hit stores mid year."

I was a huge fan of the ano, but am really liking the powdercoat now.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stvberry
    Interesting. What color is the ano on his bike? I thought they had already discontinued the ano at that time?

Black.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL

From the Turner Timeline: "2007--More late season production woes as the anno proccess literally eats frames causing huge delivery delays for the '07's. Anno is scrapped for powdercoat and frames hit stores mid year."

I was a huge fan of the ano, but am really liking the powdercoat now.

Sounds like something wrong with the process. I mean. Titus do it, SC and TE also do it.
    Personally although PC is a little less durable it's my personal prefferance, I always have a chance to re-furb my frame and make it look new. I don't think that it possible with ano.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL

They must have looked like this.
    Last edited by OldHouseMan; 05-17-2008 at 08:47 AM.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    My '06 RFX is a nice green ano! Holding up great even after abuse on the Shore....

banned
    06 Bronze here. Looks great.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    They must have looked like this.
    That frame looks like it could easily turn body parts into swiss cheese! Causes shrinkage just lookin' at it!

trail fairy
    Pizza, 05 it was PC standard I think ya could get ano on request, due to popular demand I think DT even ran a poll here asking what options peeps wanted! Re frame finishes!

2006 two standard Ano colors wee offered on frames/ my 06 Spot is Ano black, still looks like new, though the black has a unusal depth to it not bad just different it still looks hawt imo, my RFX ano Green, taking a beating the finish is still awesome, I'l give her a makeover one day and she'll be new again!

In 07 if memeory serves me correct and I stand to be corrected! the new models were handled by a different supplier who screwed up the Ano process which caused some issues with the frames, it was not the Ano process but the supplier! this cause DT huge delays so little choice but to go to PC and try to get things moving again to meet the demand as it was or looked here to be huge!

I reckon it was a good thing, I love Ano but PC is also a good option it would be a nice to have to be able to choose, but I wouldn't hesitate to get a PC Turner, more options in color and if ya want to change it its eay to get her repainted, the only downside if ya got one with Ano is it lasts so wll ya sorta stuck with it.

If ya did a seach on early 07s you'd see the threads and find DTs comments directly for the facts.

ta.. hope Im qouting somewhat factually
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

what...?
    '06 ano black. Sometimes it actually looks purple in the right light.

Just wipe it down after a ride and it looks new again.
    Without love in a dream it will never come true

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ano is nice- I wish they would bring it back. The old Turner Ano guy just got on Meth and it was really affecting his paint jobs. However, other Ano guys are pretty clean and sober and do a good job for other bike companies.

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    '06 ano bronze here too. Still looks great.
    MCM# 2007.1

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtbkr
    '06 ano black. Sometimes it actually looks purple in the right light.

Just wipe it down after a ride and it looks new again.
    My '06 black ano Spot has turned from black to purple to a root beer color. The rockers just went straight to root beer. The portion under the decal is still jet black. I really love the ano finish itself, but given that quality issues that Turner had with ano I can see why they went to PC. Bummer.

Of course none of it really matters as I love the way it rides, and I never look at it when I'm riding!