dog's best friend
    May 2004

Am I still a Turner Homer if.....

my 5 Spot got solen? WAAAAAAGH!

Some louse in Kamloops is riding around on my 5 Spot...sniff. Cut my cable lock and lifted it from my car rack in the dead of night at the motel I was staying. Kamloops RCMP told me this is not uncommon in riding season. A warning to all Homers everywhere. BRING YOUR BIKES INTO YOR MOTEL ROOM.

The timing sucks. I have a my first ever trip to Moab booked in ten days and now I am between Turners. No back up bike either. Let the shopping begin.....

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by telebiker
    Cut my cable lock and lifted it from my car rack in the dead of night at the motel I was staying. Kamloops RCMP told me this is not uncommon in riding season. .....
    Telebiker,

What a bummer. When we were in Kamloops over the summer, the guys at Full Boar kind of forced us to keep our bikes at their shop because they said bike theft is so prevalant around there. We were camping and had them on the car next to our tent, but we took them up on their offer for several nights. That sux big time!

Good luck getting something before your trip to Moab.
    EB

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    holy crap! if there was any way i could be of assistance id offer it. if we were more local to eachother, id have a turner for you to ride. no way to say how brutal this is. sorry pal.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by telebiker
    The timing sucks. I have a my first ever trip to Moab booked in ten days and now I am between Turners. No back up bike either. Let the shopping begin.....
    If you can't pull something together in time for your vacation Slickrock Cycles in Moab rents 5 Spots.

Roy
    mtbr member
    I am very sorry to hear that - that just sucks. Hang in there bro.

Bodhisattva
    Gawwwwd !!!!!!!!

I hate hearing this kind of news.

Best of luck to you. A thousand lashes for the thief when he's caught.

Life....the original terminal illness

FM
    luxatio erecta
    So sorry to hear that. Extreme lameness.

Hopefully insurance has you covered and all this will end happily with a shiny new rig. Or some busted fools and a bike/owner reunion.

... I guess you won't be
    hey, if it's any consolation, maybe the theif is a fattass and he will crack the seat-tube and get a zapper......
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

dog's best friend
    May 2004

Thanks all

Checking with the insurance company tomorrow. Been scoping out 6 packs on the net and hopefully I'll have a new ride by the time we leave for the trip.

Steamroller

Cable for a Turner....Doh!!!

You are still a Homer for sure.

I'm sorry you lost your bike but, if you used a cable you provided the opportunity the thief was looking for.

[SIZE=4]Simple cable cutters available most anywhere will cut through most bike cables like scissors through twine![/SIZE]

If you must lock up your bike anywhere,

[SIZE=6]Use a really big chain and a good lock![/SIZE]

I work in a bike shop and I routinely cut cables off bikes when people lose the keys to the lock or forget the combination. the thin ones take under a second, the nice fat, expensive cables take about 10-20 seconds to cut, and it barely makes a sound. A thief would make more noise getting the bike off a car rack that cutting the cable.

Chains can be cut too but, it takes much longer and is noisier. Bolt cutters will cut most chain if you have a big enough pair but, most thieves know that they are considered burglary tools by the police. It's easier and safer for them to find a bike with a cable!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mattman; 10-09-2005 at 10:58 PM.
    [SIZE=2]Two Wheeled and Too Big[/SIZE]