mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Am I missing out on air?

Hey homers! I've been a long time coil guy both front and rear ever since I got my RFX a couple of years ago and now on my DW Spot as well.

I've been thinking of going back to an air shock and fork. Aside from the weight (which I want to shed since I'll join a couple of enduro races) am I missing out by not going for an air can?

I (stupidly) sold the RP23 that came with my DW Spot so I'm having a hard time looking for a LL tune RP23 or Monarch in the market.

On the DW Spot, is the suspension really night and day with coil and air? I never really got to try it on air. I'm on a DHX5 with a Ti spring.

Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Bro.,

I am also looking for the L/L3 tune of the Monarch RT3 for my 5.Spot..maybe Flying Ball (HKG) or Bull Bikes (HKG) have the L/L tune Monarch...I am sure an order can be placed since they have been very consistent in all my previous orders...hope to find one when I get back to HKG after the holy week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Shoot me a PM if you get to find one there. When will be back in Manila? Let's ride soon!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I think there are LL tune rt3 and plus rc3 online but the problem is they only ship with HV canisters. LV is the way to go.

Kiwi that Flew
    You can get a LV from TFTUNED in the UK
    RockShox Monarch Plus 2013 - TF Tuned Shox
    They will tune it anyhow you like... Win, Win.

deano

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I got an M/L (medium rebound low compression) tune Monarch RT3 for my DW Spot and it's perfect, I run it with 3 or 4 clicks from fast on the rebound. As long as you make sure to get the Low compression tune then L or M rebound tune should be fine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MJStraughen View Post
    I got an M/L (medium rebound low compression) tune Monarch RT3 for my DW Spot and it's perfect, I run it with 3 or 4 clicks from fast on the rebound. As long as you make sure to get the Low compression tune then L or M rebound tune should be fine.
    Thanks, will look into that. Too bad I missed out on a good deal on ebay a few days ago.

Anyone selling their air can?

GAME ON!
    you're only missing out if you think you're missing out. generally air is only a lighter alternative, not a true replacement. the only air shocks i know of that can be mentioned as a true coil alternative are pretty much as heavy as a regular coil shock. air shocks are good, but not AS good.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"