Wicketed

New question here. Air shock tune for a PRE-dw 5spot/Pack (RP23)

A few months ago I picked up a fairly worn 2006 HL 6pack frame with 140mm Spot rockers. The Fox DHX shock was pretty done in, but I've just bought a bargain RP23 bv from Chainreaction. It comes in a medium/medium tune. Is this what I want or is it worth getting a retune? (it's cheaper to get it tuned before it it used....otherwise I just stick it on the bike and see how it feels).

It's for a chunky trailbike, I'm not pretending to be using the frame to it's full ability, so I'm quite happy to move away from the coil.

Looking forward to getting the bike built - sold my last Pack in 2009 and always regretted it - bring back the retro Forks will be Zocchi Rc3 44 ti and I'll be after some of those PUSH bushings...maybe a 1deg angleset...maybe a respray.....and this was supposed to be a budget build but it'll all be worth it
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    by total coincidence, i have also bought one of the shocks from chain reaction for my wife's horst-link 5-spot.... kashima adaptive logic boost valve rp23 to be precise.

now if i remember correctly, the extra 'slipperyness' of the kashima coating does make a difference over and above the regular tune for the rp23.

i too am interested in whether i need to send the shock to loco for a tune, or whether i can fit or forget.

just got to wait for it to arrive now to see if it's fitted with 6 or 8mm hardware (some have arrived with 6mm and others with 8mm... i obviously want 6!)

Wicketed
    Hi Campfreddi - I saw your thread on STW, the answer is obviously 'sparkle pink' (admittedly that may clash with the kashima gold ).

Those CRC RP23 shocks are a bargain.... I just want to get it all set up right for the new bike. My last 6pack had a CCDB but I can't reach those dizzy heights anymore! THe CCDB was great for tweaking, but 'fit and forget' certainly has its advantages too.....
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B