mtbr member
    Nov 2011

650b Rear End for DW Flux?

Just wondering if such a thing would be possible, and if there would be a demand from current DW Flux owners who can't afford a whole new Turner?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

650b Rear End for DW Flux?

It's been covered. Turner first tried retrofitting and it didn't work properly, so no retrofits.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

Maromero
    I own a Flux and I think I can afford a new 650b Turner, but, I don't need the 140 mm of the Burner, I would like a 100 to 120 mm, bad luck Turner is not offering something like that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by doccoraje View Post
    I own a Flux and I think I can afford a new 650b Turner, but, I don't need the 140 mm of the Burner, I would like a 100 to 120 mm, bad luck Turner is not offering something like that.
    I would definitely like to see a 120mm 650b Flux as well. So far I have myself talked into the Burner but its just too much for what I ride 90% of the time. I could at least still use my Fox 120mm fork for 650b as well.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for your replies guys. I have a 2011 Flux and a Salsa El-Mariachi Ti of the same vintage (both picked up as bargain frames). I love them both: the Salsa covers the ground better, but the Flux just calmly gets on with it and sorts out all the rough stuff. When riding the Salsa I'm very conscious that I'm not a good enough rider to keep stable at speed on the more bumpy trails, and I've crashed a number of times when I'm pretty certain that the Flux would have been okay. My Ideal would be a cross with the best features of larger wheels and DW Link: - so it was just wishful thinking on my part to imagine I could achived it without big expense LOL.
    Best wishes to all, Timmy

Maromero
    At the moment my sight is on 3 short travel 650b's, Ventana's Alpino, Morewood's Zuma and Lenz Revelation, but if Dave comes up with a 650b Flux, well... that would change everything.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The Flux is a great frame, it would be an incredible 27.5. It is too bad it does not have enough clearance to convert. I am considering the Czar but would prefer using a 120mm fork. Still torn on wheel size but a great frame is more important either way.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    We can only hope that the hype of 27.5 is real and that this makes DT get to work on a short travel bike soon. It is my guess that he could have an aluminum version ready much faster than carbon. My LBS owner and Turner prototype rider said that he doesn't know of anything in the works.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Slightly off tangent but along the same lines, how compatible is a '09 5Spot rear end and linkages with the DW Flux front triangle?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I run a 650B on the front of my 2010 Flux and love it. I lowered my fork to 90 mm with a spacer kit. I rode 650B front and back on my old Mojo and quite frankly like a 26 on the back better. Rear spins up faster and is lighter. With good rear suspension I think this is the way to go. If i were riding a HT I would probably perfer front and back

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I have it on pretty good authority that Turner will be bringing back the Flux; probably in both alloy and carbon. Could not get any info about wheel size though. Just sayin'

Maromero
    Quote Originally Posted by WV_XCE View Post
    I have it on pretty good authority that Turner will be bringing back the Flux; probably in both alloy and carbon. Could not get any info about wheel size though. Just sayin'
    Wow!! That could change my plans on my future build.
    Thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'm starting the savings account today. I'd love a lightweight 650b DW carbon 4". Was told it would be out "soon". Don't know what that means but I am hopeful.

Maromero
    I was aiming at the Alpino, but, I can wait to see what that Turner "soon" means, so I'm in the same boat.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I hope you are right. I would love alloy in 27.5 100mm travel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'm hoping a new rear end will be able to mount up to an old DW flux. Welcome back Frankenbikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Man, I hope you are right. Santa Cruz just released a 125mm 650b so hopefully Turner is looking at duing the same.
    Killing it with close inspection.