mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New question here. 600 lb Ti spring on DHX?

Will any 600 lb Ti spring fit on a DHX 5.0 without rubbing on the reservoir?

err, 27.5+
    Inquiring minds want to know. I am in the same boat. I imagine the boost knob will have to go, but will it clear the reservoir otherwise?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Yes

I have a ti 600lb spring on my DHX, but it's been Pushed, meaning that it doesn't have the blue knob. It clears the resevoir just fine. The problem, however was getting the spring on the shock! Luckily, the guys at Push had the tools/manpower/patience to get it on for me.
    Merry Christmas!

mtbr member
    RCS (Renton coil Springs) rub the boost adjuster a little but it is only cosmetic.

Nuke Proof have produced coil springs that allegedly fit better
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=15605

But they(CRC) don't have a 600Lbs spring
    Last edited by Prof; 12-25-2006 at 03:06 PM.
    Stay off the brakes

err, 27.5+
    Yeah, removing the boost cover doesn't bother me so long as it works out otherwise.

Hambone, have you tried to remove said coil? I have heard of this issue with some using 650lb+ steel springs. Did Push give you any tips on install/removal (short of sending it back to them so they can use proper tools)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    anyone got contact details for nuke proof?

Supersonic Garfield
    The nukeproof name is revived via chainreactioncycles.com - they have bought the rights to the name. Nothing more.

here you go - great shop!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=15605

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    The RCS springs are slightly large in diameter (.06" ID) so that they will fit other shocks on the market, so the OD will be large as well, ..

but does it hit the res when the spring is propperly centered on the shock body...or is the rubbing due to the ID allowing the spring to get off center and then rub??

I ask because RCS makes a plastic bushing/reducer that will make the spring ID fit the DHX body OD properly. You can also use slip-fit plumbing washers at both ends of the spring to keep it centered on the shock body..

so if the issue is the spring shifting on the body..that is a very simple fix. .

As others have mentioned, removing the bottom out adj would also give more space. There are also two different shaped BO adjusters out there..some with a larger OD than others.

Members who have read this thread: 0