mtbr member

Good job! 6-Pack's Birthday

I've been riding my 6-Pack for a year-it was one of the demo bikes from I-Bike 2004. I sold a sweet riding 5-Spot to buy the Pack, since then I've wondered if I made the right choice. Howerver, Saturday I had the occasion to put my pack side by side with my old 5-Spot and put an end to the drama.

I rode the 5-Spot around and stood it up next to my Pack-I did that three times; then I rode the Pack around. It didn't take long for me to put the last year of riding my Pack into perspective and come up with a clear answer-not only did I make the right decision a year ago when I bought the Pack, I can easily say the Pack is the best bike I've ever owned.

I'm not sure who else bought demo bikes, but I'd like to know if you're experience is similar to mine. One thing I remember for sure is how many of you helped provide feedback and insight around Turner Bikes, to be truthful, I think I got way more than my money's worth when I bought this bike. And I gotta say I might not be riding the Pack if it wasn't for Casey; Thanks DT and all the Homers.
    turtle

No, that's not phonetic
    I waffled a tiny bit about which bike to bring on my Vegas/St. George/Moab trip this fall as I actually prefer my Spot over the Pack a bit at home, but I have to say I'm SOOOOOO glad I brought the Pack in the end. Utah just eats bikes for breakfast and the Pack is stout as hell, and nothing short of redicuplush. You hardly ever have to stand up when a rock looms, and when you do unweight the bike, lofting the front end is easy. I was out riding Gooseberry with the locals who are all on 6-Packs and RFXs, and followed them off every drop but one (I didn't like the sandy landing) and the bike just yummied down on everything. I get a big-assed grin riding this thing in Utah. I has to be the perfect desert bike. Mine is one of the demo bikes from last year too, and I am shockingly happy with it (I left the Z1 on as it came stock, and aside from the slight added stiffness the 36 Van offers, I think the Z1 matches the Fox in every other category). I agree the demo bikes are an amazing value. Get some.

Happy birthday to our bikes!
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Funny you should mention the demo bikes, I just sent an e-mail to Turner asking about them. ie if there are any for sale from interbike. I'd love to get me a 6- pack or DHR but buying the Spot last year has made it a little tough for UGI of the new bike kind. After one season on the Spot I've gone bigger than ever before, unfortunately that means outgrowing it as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I waffled a tiny bit about which bike to bring on my Vegas/St. George/Moab trip this fall as I actually prefer my Spot over the Pack a bit at home, but I have to say I'm SOOOOOO glad I brought the Pack in the end. Utah just eats bikes for breakfast and the Pack is stout as hell, and nothing short of redicuplush. You hardly ever have to stand up when a rock looms, and when you do unweight the bike, lofting the front end is easy. I was out riding Gooseberry with the locals who are all on 6-Packs and RFXs, and followed them off every drop but one (I didn't like the sandy landing) and the bike just yummied down on everything. I get a big-assed grin riding this thing in Utah. I has to be the perfect desert bike. Mine is one of the demo bikes from last year too, and I am shockingly happy with it (I left the Z1 on as it came stock, and aside from the slight added stiffness the 36 Van offers, I think the Z1 matches the Fox in every other category). I agree the demo bikes are an amazing value. Get some.

Happy birthday to our bikes!
    ...Tscheezer, which shock are you running on the rear? Any DHX air time yet?

lurker no more

Let us know if you hear anything

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd
    Funny you should mention the demo bikes, I just sent an e-mail to Turner asking about them. ie if there are any for sale from interbike.
    I've been checking turner's site on and off since I-bike ended and haven't seen anything yet. I got a buddy who is interested in Turner's as well...horst or not. As we all know it's more than just a link that makes Turner such a great bike.

Lookin for that extra can
    May 2004
    All together now... Happy Birthday to your pack... Happy Birthday to your pack.... ... ... and many more!!

--rip

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oreo
    I've been checking turner's site on and off since I-bike ended and haven't seen anything yet. I got a buddy who is interested in Turner's as well...horst or not. As we all know it's more than just a link that makes Turner such a great bike.
    I sent Turner an e-mail asking about Demo bikes and got a response right away.
    Just ask them about whatever bike you're interested in. Act fast as I'm sure we're not the only ones. sales@turnerbikes .com

M.

No, that's not phonetic
    DHX Air presently. It is working out famously.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.