Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6-packfest 06

Team Sanchez

6-packfest 06

It was a star studded event this morning, featuring local rock stars: CrashtheDog, BobtheToolWielder, Can'tgetright, Lycra FR, El C, and who can forget our token Cock-Asian, D-Wang:

1. A total Whiteout
    2. 4 packs, and a green RFX
    3. LFR bustin the rock
    4. Wang letting it all hang out
    5. CGR showin us the O face, with CrashtheDog as Cheerqueer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Sanchez
    1. LFR Rollin it.
    2. Crash droppin in
    3. Bobthewheelbuilder hittin the cave drop.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Man, with all those 6-Pack/RFXs, I hope DT sends Team Sanchez Christmas cards.

Awesome shots! I feel so inferior when I see you guys going off.

Lay off the Levers
    Kewwwwl!! It's raining Packs
    You guys have way too much fun.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Team Sanchez
    You may wonder why I'm rarely featured in any of my posts, well, the picture below is a prime example. I have a whole collection of these botched shots! This particular shot is the handy work of Crash the Dog.

Lay off the Levers
    Kewwwwl!! It's raining Packs
    You guys have way too much fun.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    awsome and uplifting as usual. id get more excited but im 48 hours away from hittin the powder. bikes are dumb, right?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Outcast
    In my best Eric Cartman voice: "Man, I hate you guys".
    Every morning you guys have some serious fun, while the rest of us slave away at our jobs, huddling inside from the winter cold. I'm so freakin jealous.
    Nice pics as allways, Thanks for sharing them.

mtbr member
    How come you guy's dont have the bonkey kong'er on a RFX yet?
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Man, with all those 6-Pack/RFXs, I hope DT sends Team Sanchez Christmas cards.
    Wayne from Gravity Dropper better send a card too - 3 out of 5 riders on the GD.

PS....my "sticky" GD was fixed by loosening the seatclamp a little...oops
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    Don't hit refresh if the server fails when you post - see below
    Last edited by SSINGA; 03-16-2006 at 09:48 AM.
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    nevermind
    Last edited by SSINGA; 03-16-2006 at 09:49 AM.
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    Move along - nothing here
    Last edited by SSINGA; 03-16-2006 at 09:49 AM.
    Nothing to see here.

No, that's not phonetic
    Luv it. That shizzle sizzles.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

No, that's not phonetic
    Luv it. That shizzle sizzles.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Bike Snob
    Bob actually looks like he's going to land that.

mtbr member
    Man, no more quad vente's in the mourning for me, Im seeing doubles!
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

mtbr member
    I have to say this UD, or POS trail has quickly rised to the top of best trails list. It has potential to be even better. Fun morning ride! EL Ching does a great job making sure every rider gets his second of fame on the homer board...great job C. Oh, CGR... SHHHH.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    You may wonder why I'm rarely featured in any of my posts, well, the picture below is a prime example. I have a whole collection of these botched shots! This particular shot is the handy work of Crash the Dog.
    Was Crash recently diagnosed with Parkinson's???

Brass Nipples!
    HITTIN' the drop would be correct...

Like El C said at the time, you don't often see such a nose heavy landing followed by a rear wheelie crash like that. Maybe I've found my special talent.

I'm starting to get a little sore, but I'm still looking forward to tomorrow.

Here are some of the pics from my camera. I'm going to have to figure out how to put the short videos on putfile.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Baked Alaskan

parkinsons?!?!?!

I believe the correct term is "compostion challenged." At least he got you in the shot. Yo Crash, increase the shutter speed!!!

As always great shots, in the winter your riding conditions make me want to cry.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

mtbr member
    Shooting pics with that brick of a camera is like using Daniel Boone's flint-lock powder rifle, pull the trigger and wait for a few seconds. At least I got your whole bike in the picture frame.

Team Sanchez
    Here's the story....we show bob the line, and tell him the drop is only 3 foot to tranny. Bob rolls in, hits the drop too slow, and nose dives. His weight is so far back at this point, that his rear wheel slams down, and he ends up looping out. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.. At least the pic turned out nice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    HITTIN' the drop would be correct...

Like El C said at the time, you don't often see such a nose heavy landing followed by a rear wheelie crash like that. Maybe I've found my special talent.

I'm starting to get a little sore, but I'm still looking forward to tomorrow.

Here are some of the pics from my camera. I'm going to have to figure out how to put the short videos on putfile.
    Bob, send me the pics via email. Nice shots!!

Baked Alaskan

Lol!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Shooting pics with that brick of a camera is like using Daniel Boone's flint-lock powder rifle, pull the trigger and wait for a few seconds. At least I got your whole bike in the picture frame.
    Maybe when you hear him coming you can just hit the shutter and he'll roll right into the shot when it gets around to taking the pic???
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    With the TNT rear end, he's anti horst link, we might just be able to get him on one, but his blood run's Yeti blue.

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Wow, looks like a ton of fun. We're gonna have to start calling you the St. George Air Brigade. I especially like the one with Crash doing his Vanna impersonation!

You guys are lucky, for the past week I've been waking up to below zero temps every morning. It's hitting upper twenties by late afternoon, but no red dirt around here "rock" stars. Keep 'em coming, those expressions by CGR and LFR are priceless! Good stuff.

Rando
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

Leash Law Enforcer
    Ok, I am admittedly extremely jealous that I can't take time off to ride everyday of spring break. But, I love coming in to work everyday to see the new pics you guys have posted. I hopefully will be out there in about a month. If I can speed up the healing of an unfortunate and odd injury I can't wait to try and hook up with you guys when I come out. If my tax return comes in soon, I may even show up with a new bike!

Lay off the Levers

Full Metal Grill?

LFR, I was wondering, a few of your shots you're way out over your bars and in mid air. You dentally sportin' you're name in gold or riding with an airbag? I'd be gummin lunch if I tried that.

a tight kick sound
    nice shots guys....that one with all the white turners at the top should go on the turner web page

Keep it up!

B

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    LFR, I was wondering, a few of your shots you're way out over your bars and in mid air. You dentally sportin' you're name in gold or riding with an airbag? I'd be gummin lunch if I tried that.
    Just trying to see over the handlebars!! By the time I land, my weight (big bubble butt) is distributed in the back.

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    At least I got your whole bike in the picture frame.
    Great job on getting those background rocks in focus!
    MCM# 2007.1

Roy
    mtbr member
    So BobtheToolWielder - what are you riding today (in your stable) and how do they all compare? FS only.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    So BobtheToolWielder - what are you riding today (in your stable) and how do they all compare? FS only.
    Today's was a 6 Pack ride all the way. Mine is the top of the three white ones in the picture. Although my skills will never tax what the bike can do, it makes the bumps just about go away: I like it for the comfort and stability.

I also have an Ellsworth Epiphany that is extremely light and racy to the point of feeling a little nervous on anything technical. I don't plan on crash testing it, but it's nice for less gonzo riding. I had an Ells Moment that is currently just a frame waiting to be sold. It was also a very nice bike, but I decided I couldn't cover the spectrum from racing to drops with just one bike. It seemed silly to have a heavily built Moment and build a light Flux, because in my mind, Turners should be built with sturdy parts and ridden hard. The sturdy Turner / super light Ellsworth set up seemed more in line with what I wanted. They are both great bikes in their own right. I had a Blur for about a year and a half, but it never felt right to me. The suspension interacted with pedaling in a way that always felt unnatural and the BB was too low.

I had a 5 inch RFX previously and it was fantastic, too. I think forks have come a long way and a 6 x 6 inch travel bike with a single crown fork is pretty much ideal for our local riding. I'll never be limited by my bike, but the people who ride the Red Bull kind of stuff would want something even bigger, like a Highline.

Back when I had my RFX and a Turner O2, I raced the O2, but the bike that put the biggest smile on my face was always the RFX. The smile bike is now the 6 Pack.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Brass Nipples!

Video from today's big drop

Let me know how you like it.

I shot it with my Pentax digicam and edited it on my Mac. Thanks also to putfile.com.

Click here to watch Jumping29

Team Sanchez
    Turned out really nice. I especially liked the dialogue of me chewing out Crash for his poor photography skills. You are now the designated photog for the rides! Keep an eye on your e-mails. I"ll shoot you one late tonight to let you know the story for tomorrow.

El C.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    very cool bob. and me in the openin credits! its got hollywood mega-hit written all over it.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Team Sanchez
    After watching this video a few times, it would seem that I'm the only one with their suspension setup properly. They all kind of buck on the landing.

Bite Me.
    Whoa! You guys are just hard core. How do you work up the skills/nerve/talent to launch off something that big? I'm feeling inadequate here - the typical comment I get on launches is "Wow dude - you just about cleared that piece of cardboard!" I assume it's learning it a bit at a time, but really, how do you learn to do air like that without dying first?
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Team Sanchez
    YOu know in my early years of riding i used to ask the same question. It's all about the group you ride with. It seems like every member of Team Sanchez is always striving to become a better rider, and willing to try new things to better their skills. Another thing that helps a ton, is that we are all each others biggest fans. I have truly enjoyed watching LycraFR go from a XC geek just one year ago to what you witnessed on the vid and these pics. We are all in our early to mid 30s, and each have our own strengths. Can'tgetright is the king of trying new technical lines. He is the trail boss. LFR is the master of the pedal kick. D-wang jumps with the most style, Crash is pushing his limits with each new ride, Bobthewheelbuilder takes the sweetest pics....and me...well I can eat 2 burritos from Cafe Rio. The only rule we have, is that if you aren't feeling it that day, don't try it.
    Last edited by El Chingon; 03-16-2006 at 04:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Let me know how you like it.
    Very nice Bob! I like my starring role as "Jump Height Perspective Giver" and for the record I'm 6'-2". Style award goes to D-Wang.

...Crash has the nicest equipment...
    Somebody has to be the Trail Pimp!

Team Sanchez
    Very nice Bob! I like my starring role as "Jump Height Perspective Giver" and for the record I'm 6'-2". Style award goes to D-Wang.

Poor Wang get's no love from the Turner board!

mtbr member
    Nice work there, good video looks like you guy's are having a lot of fun.
    Crash, blaming the camera
    Note to self, watch what you are saying whilst being filmed

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    YOu know in my early years of riding i used to ask the same question. It's all about the group you ride with.
    Couldn't say it better, a couple of the guys i ride with are up for most things, we are self proclaimed lemmings (AKA the Lemming squad) and with each others enthusiasm and backing, manage to ride most things we look at, but if I'm out with the XC boys and find something new, all I hear is thats going to hurt, you'll break your neck on that etc and the air of doubt has been raised! Finding guys who wanna go bigger can be hard, especially at this age (same early thirties age group), but when you do, the confidence from each other and their commitment, tonnes of stuff is easily within reach that you though could only be done by the big boys!
    When in doubt, leave it, otherwise 'ave it! My moto is always look once, ride it twice, if you have to look twice, generally you have given yourself enough doubt to make mistakes! Oh and I'm never without my Roach pads

shaved yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    Don't you know the rule? Dealers don't use. If they do, they eventually end up looking like a muppet avatar.

My cup runneth over
    Great and inspiring pixs (as usual)!

Roy
    mtbr member
    The sturdy Turner / super light Ellsworth set up seemed more in line with what I wanted.
    Makes great sense. So how does the Moment vs. the Pack compare? Slightly more nimble and quick, vs. slightly more stable and bigger?

Brass Nipples!
    ...We are all in our early to mid 30s...
    Dude, I just figured out what's wrong. I'm 46!

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    Makes great sense. So how does the Moment vs. the Pack compare? Slightly more nimble and quick, vs. slightly more stable and bigger?
    That describes it pretty well for the two as I had them set up. I think they can be built up to ride almost identically, but I've got a longer AC fork on the Pack with more spacers and a shorter stem. The Pack frame weighs about half a pound more, but that half a pound buys peace of mind about longevity for me.

rr
    I don't do PC
    That video is some funny sh@t, "fat boy dropping in" and "what is your deal dude"-hilarious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast