mtbr member
    May 2004

6 Pack rocker plates on a 5 Spot

Has anyone in here put 6 Pack rocker plates on a 5 Spot? Any pros or cons about this setup?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    besides breaking yer front triangle, maybe the rear too, and tossin yer warranty out the window, i cant think of any cons. pros? ill get back to ya.

but seriously, im sure its been tried and maybe with some success but id doubt it. im sure theres others with more knowlage than i but i couldnt help taking advantage of the excellent oppertunity to be a smart a$$. pardon me please.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member

I tried it

I needed extra cushioning for my battered shoulders and wrists so I bought the rockers while they still sold them. First it jacked the back of the bike up steepening the HA to 71+ and that was only fixed by installing a six inch single crown but that increased the BB hight to 14.5". Next issue is that on the 5 spot it's a rising rate rocker which required the use of an air shock. It rode well and I got use to the high BB but I bought a used RFX and returned the Spot to a lighter build. If you want to try it PM me I still have the rockers.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stitch
    Has anyone in here put 6 Pack rocker plates on a 5 Spot? Any pros or cons about this setup?
    Turner will not sell 6 Pack rockers standalone because he does not want them on a 5 Spot for the reasons that Cactuscorn summarized pretty well.

[Pedantic]
    I'm personally inclined to believe that if the designer of the frame says that using 6 Pack rockers exceeds the design specs of the 5 Spot, it's probably not a good idea.
    [/Pedantic]